cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quitting Tools

Sip water to help you through your cravings. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
55 Replies
lynae

This is day three for me  . I laugh at myself because in the car find the most upbeat song on the radio,turn it up as loud as I can and  sing at the top of my lungs. It seems to help at least for smoking in the car as far as being home and social outings I am in need of a few more little tricks for I have none besides trying to keep my self busy. 

aal89

I know this is bad BUT....I just pop peices of fruit in my mouth and it seems to work. This could be cause I'm part Italian so I have the genectics to replace cigs with food, or just cause I am really really adamant about quitting cause its expensive living out here.

This creates a huge problem: its only been 5 days and I'm gaining weight! I'm pretty fit, but I already got a tummy on me! (My family ARE NOT helping with eating habits either). It is just after Xmas, so thats usual. Actually, that's my biggest concern about quitting: the weight gain! Typically, I weigh between 119 and 124 lbs, and I'm 5'7", but I definitely got a tummy! So I've done some stuff to reduce it. I hid my stash of candy from Xmas and sticking with fruit. I just consumed a can of pears, and it probably will be a whole can cause I did use to chain smoke menthol 100s late at night. Anyone else struggling with this feel free to contact me, cause this is my biggest worry. 

0 Kudos
aal89

Oh yeah, and I also found late at night when I want to chain smoke, I go outside for a walk and a breath of fresh air. And exercise is good. 😉

0 Kudos
do-or-die2

Since coffee is a big trigger....I couldnt give up both...so now when I have coffee I make it a point to walk around and drink it...The smoking urge comes (for me) when I sit down with the cup.

I am also hand washing my dishes....gives me something to do through the urge.

tinkr

I need any suggestion to help my triggers....

0 Kudos
MePlus3

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this group the trigger buster ideas are awesome I'm putting most of them in my quit kit!
0 Kudos