cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quitting Tools

Sip water to help you through your cravings. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
55 Replies
sh55

I like chewing on a straw.  It seems to help the cravings alot.  I have an e cigarette, but rarely use it.  I have cut down to 5 or 6 cigarettes a day with the straw.  I buy a bunch and cut them in thirds.   I hope this helps someone.

0 Kudos
skrachez

I have tried Chantex twice, started out great but the nausea would become overwhelming and then it was right back to smoking. I use smoking as my stress relief unfortunatly. I work at a pretty relaxed office and can go out back and smoke whenever I want so it has allowed me to smoke smoke smoke.... I cant even say I enjoy it anymore, its more habit than anything, I hate the smell, the taste is getting bad and I have started getting nauseous right after smoking, such a dork, so you would think ti would be east to quit!! Not!! It seems easier to light up than not to.... cant get over the hurdle and dont know what to do to get over it???

0 Kudos
rebeccar

Okay, yesterday was my quit day! I was soo not strong in the morning and took some drags from a friend.  But that was the last smoker I will spend time with for at least a week.  I haven't smoked since then and have been using the patch today.  A little rough for the past half hour, but I haven't smoked.   Phew.  I hate the way it smells the most!  

0 Kudos
sue47

hello, im new to this group. i have a quit date, which is 11/19. i have tried so many time before and have failed and always started again. its a real challenge when your husband smokes and has no desire to quit. i really dont smoke heavily, maybe 5-7 a day and sometimes less. just looking for support and tips from people.

0 Kudos
scotty7715

I am new to this group and have had NO cigs for 40 days now. I have been using the nicotine losenges,which have been a great help to me. I had  been smoking 30 a day for the last 40 years and could never go 20 minutes without wanting a cig!! I have really surprised myself by getting this far. some days are better than others, but i know if i have that ONE cig i will be back to where i started.

0 Kudos
gayle8

Hi I'm new to the group.  My quite date is the 26th.  I've quit several times, but I hope this time will be it with the help of my supporters.  I hope to accomplish this without medication, and try to use meditation and exercise. 

0 Kudos
jordanliz

My first day towards my quit day next month. Started by Eliminating those cigs I do not even know i am smoking or need. Not having them within reach has cut cigs by 5 today. Delaying smoking while having my morning coffee hopefully eliminate 1 trigger. Learning I have a lot of triggers. One step at a time. Feel better just making one positive step.

0 Kudos
sherry.k

Been 9 days smoke free.  I quit on November 19/12, because I went to the Dentist for a cleaning and a check-up and figured that this would be a good time because I would have a clean mouth.  Also I woke up that morning with a sore throut and went to the Doctor as well who said I had Bhroncitis again.  Got Meds and went to bed.

0 Kudos

Hi!  I've set a quit date of 12/12/12.  This is my 2nd time quitting.  The first time I quit I did it cold turkey and was smoke free for about 8 years?  I chose this date so I can remember the day I quit!  Right now I'm trying to smoke less so it won't be so hard the day I actually quit.  I need to try to find other thinks to do with myself when I get to those times I normally would smoke.  Is anyone out there from Emmett, Idaho?  Would anyone be interested in texting to help get thru this 

0 Kudos
loriland

I also chew on straws. May not be attractive but it works. 

0 Kudos