Jump to solution
  • Please help me quit 🙏 I have not had a cigarette today 
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @Tfriend374 to the EX Community! Glad that you posted and proud of you for not having a cigarette today. You may find our Daily Pledge page helpful to make a commitment not to smoke on a day by day basis: https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Celebrations-Events/July-Daily-Pledge-2023/td-p/2024748. Posting there will also bring visibility to your journey to others who take the pledge daily. Please continue to reach out!

- Sarah, The EX Community Team

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @Tfriend374 to the EX Community! Glad that you posted and proud of you for not having a cigarette today. You may find our Daily Pledge page helpful to make a commitment not to smoke on a day by day basis: https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Celebrations-Events/July-Daily-Pledge-2023/td-p/2024748. Posting there will also bring visibility to your journey to others who take the pledge daily. Please continue to reach out!

- Sarah, The EX Community Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
eh30403

I am doing well and haven’t dipped since I have quit

Barbscloud

@eh30403 That's fabulous.  Congrats on 12 days of success.

Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barb

0 Kudos

Hi, Tfriend.  I want to support you if I can.  And maybe you can support me, too!  

I use nic gum, right now.  Yesterday, (my second day… again!), was so hard.  All day I wanted to pick up.  Instead, I used my gum.  I didn’t want to inhale crap!  I am done with stinking, bad breath, popping mints, avoiding kissing my husband, and worst of all self-centeredness because all I think about all day is smoking!  

I want to share with you this resource I discovered.  I used 100% Pure and natural Licorice Sticks to chew on!   It really helps.  I carried it with me right into the vet hospital yesterday when I took my pup in for a visit.  No one said anything.  Honestly, at this point, I really don’t care what people think.  LOL.  I will explain to “my people”, those I trust with my feelings about quitting, (not my husband who is not a sympathetic person).  

Let me know how you are.  Post.  I will look for you when I am on.❤️👍

Tfriend374

Awesome 👍 keep it going thanks so much today is day 2 I feel the same I'm done with smoking 🙏 I want it out of my life I got a lot of gum also so that helps I threw out my lighter and ashtray😊♥️

Barbscloud

@Tfriend374 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your first day won. 

It's not to late to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addiction to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Join many of us by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
Tfriend374

Thank you

so much Lollylolly, I'm going to try that too it's day 2for me so I'm keeping busy today and from now on. 🙏😊

Allhelmick

Today is day one, help me be strong

Barbscloud

@Allhelmick Being prepared will build your confidence.  Reach out anytime we can help.

You got this!

Barb