cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

freesoul2

Quit Since July 3rd

Hello Friends,

I quit cigarettes on july 3rd this year and i have been staying quit since then.  I smoked for almost 10 years, between 6 to 8 cigarettes a day.

Please encourage me and we can share our experiences

Thank you...take care 🙂 talk soon

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
mdep4890-2

How are you doing with your plan? It is now 21 days since you quit, WOW how great you must feel. I smoked for many more years than you and have averaged about 12 cigarettes a day, but on July 28th I will be free. I know this will not be smooth sailing initially, but this time around I must stand firm in my commitment to end this addiction. Stay strong, and keep moving forward. YOU CAN BEAT THIS!!!

0 Kudos
freesoul2

Hi, I am doing great. The first few days I had bad cravings and was not in the best of moods but it has been getting better everyday. But i was already ready for this, based on my experiences I understood how the nicotine demon tries to trick your mind by saying the cigarette is the most pleasurable thing on this earth.

Be ready for this mind game, when you quit smoking. We have been taxing our brains and systematically been destroying our own health because of the lies of these big tobacco companies and how they make money out of us by making us addicted like slaves to these cigarettes. The tobacco companies are a evil , the cigarette is a drug just like heroine or cocaine and we smoke only becoz of this addiction.

My suggestion is please dont use any substitutes such as chewing gum or patches or e cigs when you are quitting. becoz if you do that you are basically putting replacing one evil for the other.

Good Luck on your quit smoking committment and always remember you are not making any sacrifice by quitting smoking and you have so much posititive to gain from quitting.

0 Kudos
cookie804

congratulations and you are doing great. YOu can do this. Stay close to this site and when you feel tempted come on here and post your feelings. Someone will help you.

God bless

Carolyn

0 Kudos
freesoul2

This is day 21 of my smoke free journey.

I have been feeling very weak today and tired , struggling to carry my normal activities but I dont have any strong nicotine cravings like I had in the first few days of stopping smoking.

Hopefully i will feel better once my body is able to flush out all the toxins from my body. Please do send me your suggestion / advice if you have for me. Talk to you soon.

Cheers , everyone have a great smoke free day 🙂

0 Kudos
mdep4890-2

My friend who quit 3 years ago experienced the same feeling. She told me that if I experience this when I quit to drink a lot of water and orange juice to flush the toxins out quicker. Hopefully you can get some rest tonight...that may be what your body needs. Take care...

0 Kudos
freesoul2

I am on day 23 of my smoke free journey.

I am feeling awesome today . Does it get even better than this as more time passes by ? . I cant believe  i missed out on my life so much for last 10 years almost

0 Kudos
malik7

Hi ... its really  nice to find other fellows who also quit on same date.....

That indeed joins us  in a relationship..... a relationship of joint struggle and commitment for a common cause....

May God you all stay bleesed and remain committed. Ameen 

0 Kudos
malik7

And the best thing in these past 21 days....... Feeling of being in Control 🙂

0 Kudos
mdep4890-2

Good going Malik...Control and freedom is my desire, too. Monday, July 28th, will be my freedom day! Take care and keep on moving forward.

0 Kudos