cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Aew1031

Quit Day One AGAIN

So I quit again today, as I’ve done so many times in the past. Am tired of the emotional rollercoaster of nicotine withdrawal since I’m always HALF smoking (usually smoking only first thing in the morning and last thing before bed). My brain doesn’t have any clarity whatsoever. Need inspiration and clarity to inform my creative endeavors. I used to think smoking helped energize my creativity and now it’s only an energy drainer. There are 3 hidden cigs at home. Don’t know if I should keep them as a reminder or destroy them in an angry personal ceremony. Will check in again soon. Maybe even before day 2. Am on a plane an am planning on doing a meditation. 

16 Replies
karenjones

You don't know if you should keep them?  Ha, Ha, do I hear a relapse plan?  Of course I do. Those cigarettes are not really hidden as much as squirriled.  How do I know that? Because I am an addict too. And I can have Not One Puff Ever. But I suppose you are much stronger than me and can actually smoke 3 hidden cigarettes and then quit. Well, do what you have to. If that means you have to smoke. Go ahead. It means you are not ready to quit. Because if you were you would not have three cigarettes 'hidden'.  Keep us up to date on the hidden cigarettes and their fate..... and yours.  Welcome to the Ex Community, by the way!

Aew1031

Really wanted one but alas, the hidden cigs are HIS-TOR-Y!  The thought of actually smoking one really disgusted me.  Your assessment of my situation was spot on.  Thanks for the hard core response.

YoungAtHeart

Law of Addiction (quitting smoking's only rule!) from whyquit.com:

"Administration of a drug to an addict will cause re-establishment of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance."

There is NEVER, EVER going to be "just one" to an addict.  It will ALWAYS lead you back to being a full-time smoker again.  ALWAYS!

Never forget this one!

Nancy

Barbscloud

Welcome.  Definitely destroy those 3 cigarettes.   

0 Kudos
elvan

NOT ONE PUFF EVER....N.O.P.E.   I said NOPE so often that it was crazy...I said it quietly, silently, out loud, LOUDLY, I SCREAMED it into my pillow but I did not have that puff.  One day at a time, one crave at a time...no crave ever killed anyone, you would have a hard time saying that about smoking.

Ellen

Aew1031

Now it’s day TWO. Morning was terrible. Better now-for the moment. 

elvan

So you have a day WON! There are going to be lots of times when a day at a time is too long...when you have to keep it in the moment. Just remember that smoking won't help anything.  It will not fix a thing, no matter what it might be.  You CAN do this...we all want you to succeed.

Ellen