cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tommiei

Quit After 30+ Years

I have smoked for over 40 years and have quit once about 10 yr ago for 6 weeks. I am so ready to stop this bad habit.  I hate the smell that it leaves in my clothes. So much so that I will not smoke if I am going out to a store or to eat. I am a little embarrased to even say I have smoked for so many years but it is what it is.   Now I have 20 days before my quit date and I will start today using the things I have learned on this site so far.  I hope to get the patch but if not then I will be doing this cold turkey.

71 Replies
kz454

Hi all,

Good to see a group with 30+ years in.  I have 32 years in and am ready to resign.  Aside from breathing and health issues, I would like to be able to say, "I quit after 32 years"... I think that would be a huge accomplishment.

I have tried just about everything there is out there in the past.  This time I am going with Chantix and the patch both at the same time.  I read a study that said by combining them it is more effective.... yet to be seen.  I can say though it is easier this time than times before.

I am weaning off slowly rather than cold turkey.  I am down to about two drags an hour and hope to increase the time span between allowances.  It's an old tough habit to break that is for certain.

Best of wishes to everyone

Kz

0 Kudos
Wantingacig57

Hey there, tommiei

Sorry took a while since I last "logged on", therefore just now getting around to commenting back to you!!

I have Not Quit Smoking, yet!!       Frankly, I haven't decided yet, HOW I am going to get past the convenience of lighting one up along with the EASE OF ATTAINING the darn nasty things !!!! 

As I just reread the above, it all sounds like excuses !! Ha

Where is my Willpower?

Anyone else here beating Yourselves Up over Needing to Quit while Still Smoking??

If you haven't read my Profile, I am Close to being completely unable to walk 15ft, gasping for breath! Doctor has given me two years before THAT REALITY...however I know it WILL BE SOONER !! Have only 37% lungs left

I PRAY THIS POST is Helping someone to Quit Smoking !! 

In Jesus Name, Blessings to All whom read this !!!