cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RikkiJean

Questions about the Patch

Howdy y'all and good morning.

Wondering if there are any successful quitters out there who used the patch and stepped down from the 21mg dose to 14mg BEFORE the 6-week mark.  Let me know. Thanks. ❤️ 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
MichelleDiane

Hi RikkiJean.  I have used the patch prior to this quit and I was able to titrate down to the 7mg patch.  It was my "stinkin' thinking'" that was the problem after that.  Once I was off the patch totally I made the poor choice of saying I'll just have one.  We all know what that leads to.  I am on the patch now and I feel that it will help me if I help me.  It's all about change.  The patch alone will not do all of the work.  In the beginning it helps to take the edge off of cravings, so you can start to change behaviors and thoughts.  Once you finish the patch schedule it's up to you  to use the tools you've developed to stay smober.  

Stay well and smoke free.

-Michelle

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RikkiJean You can also search to find answers using search on the site, but glad you got a reply from @MichelleDiane . I've included posts Labeled and Tagged with Nicotine Patch

Topics with Label: Nicotine Patch - EX Community  

Tag: "nicotine patch" - EX Community  

EX Community Admin Team
RikkiJean

Thanks Mark.  I found my answer 🙂 

0 Kudos
Mzwim2016

Good afternoon,

I did.  I did it within 2 weeks because in the past I used the patch as a crutch and I was ready for something different.  I've been without the patch for 4 days and it really has not been that bad...for me.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos
RikkiJean

@Mzwim2016 That's amazing!  You're a rockstar. 

I've got a month supply of 21mg patches now.  I'm going to stick with this dosage and see how things feel toward the end of my supply.  I may go down to the 14mg level after week 4 vs week 6.  We'll see.  Bottom line, I am going to succeed.  Just going to take it one day at a time.  

It's so easy to get swept up into the future of my quit journey.  I've had several people remind me of the 'one day at a time' approach today. 

Mzwim2016

One day at a time is the best way.  Good luck to you...you got this!

Smoked for 40 years: on April 14, 2006 I slapped on the patch, never looked back.

Stayed solid quit to this very day!!

I cannot over state how important it is to follow the directions to the letter!!

No short cuts!!

The Patch was designed, engineered, and tested to produce maximum positive outcomes when USED AS DIRECTED!!

Grab your Patch, Pledge to your self you are going to build a REAL QUIT and start your Journey of a Lifetime!!

Hang in there!!

RikkiJean

@lighthousekeep I hear you.  I'm just anxious to be at the finish line, but that thinking is probably not going to help me.  Slow and steady.  It's a marathon, not a sprint. 

OK, I pledge to do the FULL 10 week program. No shortcuts.  Thank you. 

0 Kudos

Cool!!

Remember, we niki-addicts need all the help we can get,  especially when we are just starting out, trying to get our footing!!!!!

Taking  a short cut down any alley gets us mugged by the Niki- Demons every time!!

Quitting smoking may prove to be the hardest thing you ever done for yourself, but once you get yourself square on the "Other Side", you'll agree with all of us, it was the BEST thing you ever accomplished for yourself!!!!

You'll  NEVER regret you Quit, but you will ALWAYS regret Smashing one!!!

Rough waters up ahead for sure, but take it as it comes.

Take it easy on yourself.

One Day at a Time.

Journey of a Lifetime!!!

0 Kudos