Give and get support around quitting

michael26

Proud Quitters

Hello everyone! My quit date is Dec 1st so I need al the advice that i can get
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
173 Replies
jason3

Hello my name is Jason and its been almost 20hrs since my last Cig and its getting harder by the min> I feel the first day will be the worst. I just joined this site 2 hrs ago and im already getting alot of support.
0 Kudos
spunkie

Wow we all feel sad when we see smokers the other day I saw 4 young people get out of a car all were smoking and one was about 7 months along in the past when I smoked I bet I would not even noticed but this make me sick I mean for real I felt sick seeing them puffing away all that money and knowing what it was going to do to there health wish I could have said something but I couldn't ..
  SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT GOOD GROUP OF PEOPLE
0 Kudos
Rick_M

Edith, in Ohio a cab would be considered a workplace and smoking would not be allowed by law. If reported the cab company would be fined. Hit them hard in the wallet until it is corrected.
  I remember how peeved I was when Ohio passed a few years ago the prohibitive indoor smoking laws.
  Now as a nonsmoker I see why it passed. I watch people smoke now and it just does not look natural.
  Jennifer, looks like you got a week in, good going keep it up
0 Kudos
tiffany5

I felt the same way you did Rick! I felt smokers were being discriminated etc...But now as an ex smoker....I look at those who smoke and I feel sad for them. Because if they don't stop smoking, they will have to endure enormous amounts of pain and suffering over their decisions. And not only that, the ones they love will suffer as well watching that person slowly die...I wish there were a miracle way to make it all stop but.... its all up to the person themselves. And I pray for these people instead of sneering at them like some people would...Because we were once them....And just like us, they still have a chance to be an ex. And hopefully as time progresses we'll see more of them here and less of them 6 feet under.
0 Kudos
edith2

I woke up alot earlier than I expected. But probably because I slept all day yesterday after driving all night Saturday. Stopped at a gas station Sunday morning and a woman at the check-out line was complaining about the price of the two packs of cigarettes she was buying. I stood behind her and grinned like a Cheshire cat.
0 Kudos
Rick_M

Yeh, a Cheshire cat leaving the gas station with a extra fifteen bucks in her pocket she did not spend on smokes.

Agree Tiffany, I felt like why are you picking on us smokers, we aren't bothering nobody. How wrong was that thinking?
0 Kudos
beth24

I feel sad when I see smokers too. Prisoners of their own making and not strong enough to break free. Listen to me.....i was there just 5 days ago. But the more I visit this website and the more I participate, the better I feel about releasing myself from my hostage situation.
0 Kudos
lois2

Good luck all of you new ones, i never thought that cig.i smoke smell so bad,
0 Kudos
tiffany5

I know. Like Rick was saying. It's almost foreign to me now. I look at people who smoke and I think "Why are you doing this to yourself? Do you even know? Do you care?" Everyone has their own time to quit just as we had but when you quit and you feel how much better it is to be away from those cancer sticks and you learn more each day about the harmful effects of cigarettes, its hard to not want to make a sign and run around town yelling "Its killing you! Stop now!" or something. I'm still at a loss that cigarettes are allowed by law and by law they can also sell things to help you quit. It frustrates me sometimes.
0 Kudos
lois2

Yes Tiffany i wish we could run a round town, with a sign, it took me long enough to make up my mind to quit and stay quit. these sites are grate support . and the people are wonderful.
0 Kudos