Give and get support around quitting

michael26

Proud Quitters

Hello everyone! My quit date is Dec 1st so I need al the advice that i can get
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
173 Replies
angie5

Yeah, I"m a quitter...all the way!!!!! Working on a double digit day next! Stay with it everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
spunkie

Angie proud of you keep it going
  SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT
0 Kudos
lois2

OH boy i see new names ,welcome. Angie, Tara ,Debbie,JENN, I am glade to be a quitter. i pass some one that was smoking and it did stunk , and my older sister smoke and i had to move away. i don't like the smell any more. good work. all of you quitters.
0 Kudos
tiffany5

Isn't it funny how as a smoker, you can't pick up on it. But once you quit, you can really tell what that scent was like? I've been noticing the exact same thing lately!
0 Kudos
tiffany5

Yep I have been there Rick. A smokers sense of smell will learn to register and adjust to the scent of smoke and smoking dulls and weakens our senses. One we quit, our sense of smell and taste come back to us brand new. I did the same thing you did. Grabbed up all my clothes and marched right over to the washer.
0 Kudos
tiffany5

Clapping smiley Pictures, Images and Photos

Congratulations on the 5 days Jen!! Keep on marching down that path to healthiness and freedom! The cravings will die away more and more every day!
0 Kudos
Rick_M

Went to spare closet in one of our spare bedrooms to get some coats out, getting cold here in Canton, Oh. I quit in April so all of these items were put away around that time. Opened the door and got smacked in the face with that stale smoke smell. Never noticed that smell when I smoked. Off to the dry cleaners hopefully they can get that smell out.
0 Kudos
jennifer84

Thank you for the Welcome Lois!!!! In 11 hours will be offically 5 days since I quit!!!!! UGH feel a craving now.... LOL!!!! How is everybody doing today?
0 Kudos
edith2

Hey Rick, I hear ya! I drive cab and last night I left the day driver a very nasty note about smoking in the cab! When I opened the driver's door, it smelled horrible! I sprayed the shit out of the car with Lysol! The note I left said that if the day driver continues to smoke in this car, I will short-tank it! That means bringing the car back and not having the gas tank filled! I've had it with driving around in a stinky car!
0 Kudos
tiffany5

I would have done the same thing Edith! Try Febreeze next time. It completely eliminates odors. If he's gonna smoke, then he needs to stand on the outside of the car not let it waft inside and blanket the fabric of the seats. It makes me wonder now, if I have ever smoked in a friends car who was a non-smoker and how that must have made them feel. I'm so glad I am smoke free!
0 Kudos