Give and get support around quitting

michael26

Proud Quitters

Hello everyone! My quit date is Dec 1st so I need al the advice that i can get
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
173 Replies
tiffany5

You're absolutely right Lois. God is so great. He saved each one of us and pulled us out of the addiction. I am so proud to be an ex and I hope to be able to reach out to as many as I can to help them quit and educate themselves on the harmful things that come with smoking. Once again everyone if you'd like, feel free to take advantage of the groups discussion topics or even add one of your very own! It's always great to learn something new or share what you know to help others. Take care and God Bless!
0 Kudos
debbie_

Hey Tiffany, I just came across your new group you made!
  I like what you have done to the page! Awesome!!
  So I guess I'm your newest member #21, yay!! LOL
  I'll interduce myself to the group!...my name is Debbie and I quit smoking Cold Turkey 45 Days ago and you Can Call Me A Quitter Anytime because I feel so good inside!! 🙂
0 Kudos
tiffany5

Haha hey there Debbie. 🙂 Yep you would make number 21! I'm glad that you like the page. 🙂 I try n do a little something every now and then to keep things interesting! How did you keep strong cold turkey? Ha! I tried that and oh my goodness it was so hard! I eventually did the patches 7 days and then the rest of the way was cold turkey. Each and every day you will feel better and better. Your lungs I have heard, are the most forgiving organ of the body. God bless!
0 Kudos
Rick_M

Good going Debbie, 45 days no easy chore. Looks like all going strong with their quits. Keep it up.

Tiffany you did do a great job with this page. I got your note about discontinuing this group, give it some time, it will pick up some steam as more join.
0 Kudos
tara5

I am Tara and i'm coming up on 2 months of my quit. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done especially since I work in a bar. I started out cold turkey for 3 days until I got my Zyban then i used it for 2 weeks. I just take it one day at a time drink a lot of water and go to the gym 6 days a week. And those saying you can't afford to go to the gym if you can afford to buy ciggs you can afford to go to the gym. See now I can't smoke again because my ciggarette money is being used for a gym membership and personal training sessions lol.
0 Kudos
jennifer84

Hi Everyone I'm Jennifer and I'm an addict, LOL. I'm on day 3 of quiting cold turkey. I WAS a heavy smoker for 18 years. I am not someone that woke up one day and said "I WANT to quit" I am actually quiting for a surgery that is coming up. I HAVE to have the surgery therefore I HAVE to quit smoking. However I am very GLAD I HAVE to quit LOL. I know its the right choice!
0 Kudos
tiffany5

Well I will be saying prayers for you for your surgery and your quit. 🙂 You will have a speedy recovery and you're about to pass the 3rd day! The hardest day! You definitely have made a great choice and you will be able to tell a major difference every passing day. Get out breathe that fresh air and see how amazing it is! Your lungs will thank you. 🙂 God bless you Jen!
0 Kudos
debbie_

Hi Tiffany & Everyone!
  I just changed my routine of doing things. I still have a hard time around smokers, expecially when your hubby still smokes like mine does and it was your favorite brand too...luckily we always smoked outside. I hope he will quit soon and join me. I'm keeping my cool with it ~for now, I just don't like the smell anymore and I want to be there for my two kids. That one video "Tobacco Killed My mom" really got to me because my best friends mom died the same way at 54 years old and I don't want that for me or my kids.
0 Kudos
tiffany5

Yeah it will take a while before you can stand around with smokers and feel comfortable. Actually, I wouldn't recommend standing around when someone is smoking because you wouldn't want to inhale 2nd hand smoke. Well I hope your husband does decide to quit too. The kids wouldn't want to be without a father either.He has to beat up your daughters' boyfriends if they cheated or etc. Which I hope doesn't happen. You're being a light to him right now by staying strong amidst the temptation surrounding you every single day. Yes that video was very hard to watch because my mom still smokes. I cried my eyes out thinking of her and then afterward I called her up and either begged her to watch this video and see the kind of pain she could be facing and the people she love could face if she doesn't stop.... or quit. SOON! So at the end of this month, she's getting on Chantix to help her quit. Thank the good Lord! She won't watch the video but she knows how important it is.
0 Kudos
spunkie

Hey everyone there is a party for Tiffany going on over at QPC please join in
  SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos