Give and get support around quitting

michael26

Proud Quitters

Hello everyone! My quit date is Dec 1st so I need al the advice that i can get
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
173 Replies
jason3

Oh yea lots of water and tons of Jolly Ranchers. Yea im doing it cold unlees u count candy lol.But Tiff I did make it through day 4 its the weekend im worried about.
0 Kudos
april11

I like the fire stix jolly ranchers went through a hole bag day two!
0 Kudos
lois2

I am proud of you Jason and april, keep up the good job, and Tiff that is what i call my granddaughter she is a TIFFANY TO she is 16, you are doing GREAT,
0 Kudos
lois2

JUST call me a quitter, stay strong , heads up for any one thats reads this
0 Kudos
debbie_

How is everyone doing??
  I'm on 55 Days~ cold Turkey!!
  I went on my first 3 mile hike today with my 7 year old and his cubscouts, thank goodness I quit because there was alot of hills! I have to work on loosing weight now! LOL
0 Kudos
tiffany5

Hi guys! New Articles will be posted this week! Hope everyone is having a great smoke free weekend! How did your guys' Sweetest Day go?

Sunday Graphic #16

Sunday | Forward this Picture
0 Kudos
tiffany5

55 days cold turkey Debbie?! Very very nice! Cold turkey isn't easy to do but you're definitely making it look very easy to accomplish. All methods are able to be accomplished! 🙂 How was the hike? Your lungs must have loved that a lot! If it were warmer, I'd go on a hike. 😛 But now we have to look forward to the S word... rhymes with glow...:P I don't wanna say it!
0 Kudos
annie20

New to Group: Hi everyone! So I picked a quit date of Nov. 1st. But I don't think I'll make it. I mean...I'm going to quit sooner. Like after this pack is gone. Quitting has always been very easy up until the 3 month mark for me. I have probably 10 quits like that in the last five years. So I had to ask myself, why 3 months? What is it about the addition that makes it so unbearable in that time frame? Enter: Brain chemicals. Nicotine affects brain chemicals, specifically dopamine. What could I do to increase dopamine in my brain without producing it only with prompting from nicotine. (Evidently your brain gets so used to nicotine being the trigger to release it, your brain stops producing it except when nicotine is introduced.) How long does it take for your brain to start producing it again after you quit? Some one on here says 6 months. I would tend to agree. 3 months isn't cutting it for me. There are actually a few natural supplements that help produce it and then drugs. This is how I'm going to approach it this time. No drugs though. Been there too. Otherwise, you could say, it'll be cold turkey. Most 3 month successes have been cold turkey. Enjoy your quits, I know I'm going to enjoy mine. (!?)
0 Kudos
ann4

Hello Everyone, also new to the group. Annie my quit date is also November 1! Natural supplements is the way I am going to approach this quit. I used Chantix the last time I quit and it worked wonderful for 3 months. BUT then the lack of sleep took over and I was being told my personality had changed (not in a good way :)) Stopped taking it and began smoking again.....I have never attempted cold turkey, this time I am going to use the patch. Be strong and stay a quitter!
0 Kudos
bethany4

Hi Everyone , I smoked my last cigarette Oct 13 at 1244 am and have not looked back. I promised myself to never ever take another puff it is not an option .Im using left over chantix from a previous quit but only taking half the dose and it seems to be working very well. I also hve read a few books about quitting and addiction so I was prepared this time. This sight is also very helpful cause you know everyone feels the way you do in one way or another...I look forward to taking this journey of freedom with all of you....
0 Kudos