cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
bill3

Well 2 days smoke free keep on keeping on
0 Kudos

Shelly, don't be scared about quitting--be brave, take your power back--you can do this.
0 Kudos
Theresa11

Hey Brenda Happy birthday how fun for you to take a positive step forward. Let this day be the best for the rest of your life. It is the best thing you'll ever do for yourself. If you get a chance go buy Allen Carr's book "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" a birthday present to you.
0 Kudos
edith2

One of the many things I like is that I don't stink like a smoker and my apartment and car doesn't stink either! It's so nice to walk in here and not be hit with that awful smell. Plus when I clean my windows and pictures, they're not caked with nicotine!
0 Kudos
miles

Hey everyone, Things continue to be positive in my quit. I know tho about the planning my time and activities thing. I am also a recovering druggie for the past 20 years. When I left that world, I had to make many choices about where and with who I would be. It meant giving up on somethings completely and preparing myself with strength when I went other places. I have found that I can do most things okay now, but when I first quit cigs, I had to face the reality and know where I couldn't go. I had to find replacements for those times. Like everyone here believes, YOU CAN DO THIS.......I CAN DO THIS,.......WE CAN DO THIS
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the invite. I am so proud to be a part of this.
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Welcome to all you newbies! You're all doing so well in your quits. If I can do it, you guys can, too. I smoked for 49 years & with the help of the wonderful people on this site I've made it 2 mo. & 6 days. It does get easier. I think I can truthfully say that now. I don't have near as many real crave attacks as I did even a week ago. Not smoking is beginning to feel pretty normal now, so hang in there...you'll be where I am before you know it.
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Maybe I should have started a new discussion, but wasn't sure, so I'll just write this here.
  Hi... I've been quit cold turkey for 2mo. & 6 days. Things are getting easier, but I have a really weird symptom. It started the first day I quit. My nose, lips & face have the strangest feeling. When I touch it, it's like a delayed reaction to the touch. I can feel it longer than my finger is actually on it. It's sort of like a numb & tingly feeling. Sorry, it's just so hard to explain, but I wondered if you had ever heard of anyone else with this feeling. I vaguely feel it on the rest of my body, but nothing like on my face. Even if I don't touch it, I can just feel a feeling. I hope someone can help me figure this out. Also, I should mention that since I quit, I've been walking 2 mi. a day which should certainly help with my circulation, so I don't see how circulation could be the problem. Just before I quit, I passed all the heart tests with flying colors, but failed the lung test. I was diagnosed with emphysema & COPD. That's why I quit, since I wanted to live & not die gasping for breath. The only other time in my life that I felt this weird feeling on my face was about a year ago when I was really sick with bronchitis. It went away when I got better & was able to smoke my usual amount of cigarettes. Well, I have hardly coughed once since I quit smoking, so I know I don't have bronchitis or no need to cough the congestion up, since there isn't anything in there to cough up.

Sylvia
0 Kudos
james-smith

Hello Everyone, and Thank you Edith for the invite to this group!!! I have just started on my process and have set my quit date for the 1st of Dec. and have found that my cravings seem less since I have made this decision. I am in high hopes that it will stay this way, and that I will slowly ween all the way to my quit date, when I put them down for good....
0 Kudos
shanna_r

Me too, Brenda! 🙂
0 Kudos