cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
kellie2

Happy Veteran's Day to all who have or are currently serving this fine country along with me. Thank you for your service.
0 Kudos
kellie2

YES I CAN and I AM!! Today is day 21. I feel good and don't have many cravings, but the one I do have are pretty big. It is strange that they are not "gotta have" cravings, but rather weakenkng of the will. I get these "I don't care" moments and think "why not." Well, I'll tell you why not....NOT ONE MORE PUFF is why not.
0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Yes, I most certainly can! I seem to have started my quit a day early -- I can't seem to justify smoking after tracking my cigarettes and seeing my patterns. I'm just hgappy right now to be free, hope I can stay that way.
0 Kudos
joan8

Yes i am on my way. day 38 and feel like it has been a huge lift off my shoulders. Don't have ot worry if i have a lighter enough in my pack for the day and the time to smoke them. now I am free. thanks to everyone here. thanks for hte invite love talking.
0 Kudos
shanna_r

Thanks for the support last night, that was a rough one! I had a lighter in my hand and was standing on the kitchen chair looking to see if maybe there was a cigarette on top of the fridge. that's when i logged on then went outside and said, "YIPEE! I DON'T SMOKE...white knuckling it for a minute though!BUT I MADE IT!
0 Kudos
melissa63

46 days, 19 hrs ago I had my last cig. I actually get an extra hour in the morning to sleep because I don't have to get up early enough to get my nicotine level up before work. I am happy to be free from the nasty habit that is smoking. I am relived to be drug free from the nicotine. Praise to all who dares to quit and stays quit. Prayers to those who haven't quit or who are struggling.
0 Kudos
sonja3

Excited to be in a new group-just on day 2 this time round-but have so many reasons to make this work!
0 Kudos
kookaburra

Welcome Sonja, from one newbie to another! I only have a few days under my belt as well, but soon those days will turn into months, years, ...
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Thanks for inviting me to join your group, Edith! Today is day 61 for me. I know I've made it this far with the help of all of you who have reached out to me. I really appreciate your caring!
0 Kudos

Reading all these - is inspiring. I stick to the belief:

One ciagarette for me = one thousand.

18 months and counting! Keep fighting the good fight everyone!
0 Kudos