cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
cpj711

This is day 2 for me. I'm looking forward to coming by here often.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Linda N put this on my page today and I'm passing it on to this group 'cause I LIKED it!:

live to experience something new each day -
to learn something new,
meet a new friend,
bring joy into someone's life,
feel the wind newly on my skin,
touch a new fear, a new anger,
and with focused intent and good fortune,
find an ample measure of my own joy.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

0 Kudos
tybud1911

hey guys i am 21 i have been chewing for 4 years now i was told it was easyer to quit heroin then chew i feel bad because i have chew in my mouth as i am typing this. i tryed the sunflower seeds and the gum, but its hard to stop when everyone in your town chews. so i hope you guys can help me hahaha..... any advice 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Another one I must share that I just got today.  Again, if this is wrong place, please just direct me to the right place to put this....

"    I happened to be standing
I don't know where prayers go
    or what they do
Do cats pray, while they sleep
    half-asleep in the sun?
Does the opossum pray as it           
    crosses the street?
The sunflowers? The old black oak
    growing older every year?
I know I can walk through the world,
    along the shore or under the trees,
With my mind filled with things
    of little importance, in full
self-attendance.  A condition I can't really
    call being alive.
Is a prayer a gift , or a petition,
    or does it matter?
The sunflowers blaze, maybe that's their way
    Maybe the cats are sound asleep.  Maybe not.

While I was thinking this I happened to be standing just outside my door, with my notebook open,which is the way I begin every morning  Then a wren in the privet began to sing.  He was positively drenched in enthusiasm, I don't know why.  And yet, why not.  I wouldn't persuade you from whatever you believe or whatever you don't.  That's your business.  But I thought, of the wren's singing, what could this be if it isn't a prayer?  So I just listened, my pen in the air.
"    

By Mary Oliver

0 Kudos

"Be the change you want to see in the world." -Mahatma Ghandi

0 Kudos

lesleyiannone

Hello my name is Lesley and I switched to an e lectronic cig, anyone else using e-cigs any advice?

0 Kudos
kathbix

Today is my quit date.  The last time I smoked was at 9:00 p.m. last night.  I was very anxious af first, but have come to terms with it.  I woke up about 4:30 this morning having an anxiety attack.  But then something in my mind told me to make this a positive experience.  I layed back down went back to sleep for an hour.  When I woke up at 5:30 to get ready for work, I was fine.  I  haven't really had many urges to smoke today, but I'm sure over time it will get worse.  I want to thank everyone on the blog because your posts have helped me throgh this.

0 Kudos

Hi new here and really want and need to quit not just for me but for my family as well and I really hope I can find some help I see a ton fo thse groups haven't been used in a while so I'm hoping there are still useres here who are still around 

0 Kudos
renee95

0 Kudos