cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
oceanpaw

Hey there everyone, I'm oceanpaw, From western mass, and I'm hoping this site, and these groups, will help me with what I need most desperately, to just get off my arse and make the final p ush to actually quit smoking. I'm a pack a day smoker, (give or take a few) down from (at one -very- bad point in my life 2 packs a day smoker, (again, give or take a few) and I just want to be done with them. I'll be going the cold turkey route, though I will have a plan of attack, and hopefully, some good support from friends and family, and you guys here. 🙂 I look forward to meeting, and supporting all of you on your roads out of nicotine land as much as I can 🙂

0 Kudos

"Energy is the essence of life. Every day
you decide how you're going to use it by 
knowing what you want and what it 
takes to reach that goal, and by 
maintaining focus." - Oprah 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

"If you think you can or think you can't, you're right."  Henry Ford

0 Kudos

One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life. - Chinese Proverb

0 Kudos

The journey to happiness involves finding the courage to go down into ourselves and take responsibility for what's there: all of it. - Richard Rohr

0 Kudos

Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others. – Buddha

0 Kudos

Courage is looking fear in the eye and saying..."get the hell out of the way, I've got things to do."

0 Kudos

I have enjoyed life a lot more by saying "yes" than by sayings "no". Richard Branson

0 Kudos

I have never been a millionaire, but I have enjoyed a great meal, a crackling fire, a glorious sunset, a walk with a friend, a hug from a child, a cup of soup, a kiss behind the ear. There are plenty of life's tiny delights for all of us.Jack Anthony

0 Kudos

I've seen and met angels wearing the disguise of ordinary people living ordinary lives. Tracy Chapman

0 Kudos