cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort".

Herm Albright

Have a marvelous smoke free monday everyone!

Peace Love & Happiness!

Janice M. Davis
0 Kudos
Breakinchains

Respect yourself. Put down the sticks forever. You deserve a better life! If you are frightened, don't give up, we can help you. All you have to do is ask.

0 Kudos
nosmokegirl

Well I am on 36 hours with out a cigarette.  Yeah.  I am feeling great and not too sleepy.  Yesterday I was a little disoriented so I slept most of the day.  Today seems a little better. 

0 Kudos
james41

Hope everyone is having a great day today. I am 122, ? 23? days, well I'm glad it's slowly fading and not as important as in the begining, I'll look at as healing beginning to take place.

Thanks guys!

James

0 Kudos
Breakinchains

"Don't be ashamed of any work you have done, only the work that you haven't done."  Since quitting smoking, I've found myself with more time to work on some things I started but never finished. Some projects are getting  done that have been lingering on the  to do list for years, lol. The quote is from an old TV show I like.

0 Kudos
brenda61

Normal   0               false   false   false      EN-US   X-NONE   X-NONE                                                     MicrosoftInternetExplorer4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        /* Style Definitions */  table.MsoNormalTable  {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";  mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;  mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;  mso-style-noshow:yes;  mso-style-priority:99;  mso-style-qformat:yes;  mso-style-parent:"";  mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;  mso-para-margin:0in;  mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;  mso-pagination:widow-orphan;  font-size:11.0pt;  font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";  mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;  mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";  mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;  mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;  mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;  mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";  mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I choose to stay above strife. I choose to honor You by seeking peace in my relationships. Empower me to walk in love and be a blessing everywhere I go. In Jesus' Name. Amen

Just wanted to send  a little positive reenforcement.  A prayer that was sent to me.  Stay strong.

0 Kudos

Thought for Today

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do.  There can be no courage unless you're scared."  Eddie Rickenbacker

Wishing everyone a wonderful day! 

Janice M. Davis
0 Kudos
smkls

Hi everyone. My quit date is on Friday. I am nervous  and will need lots of prayers. Thanks for thinking of me in advance if you do. I will be saying prayers for all of you! Can't wait to be an EX 4 EVA!!!!

0 Kudos
lois2

wecome to the new ones, and yes you can quit, ,quit for 1 hr. at a time, tell the nic-demon to go jump in the river, good luck, i will pray for us.Lois

0 Kudos
Breakinchains

Slowly but surely we get used to the idea of being without them. Thomas wrote a blog this morning about lessons learned. The first one  on his list was (to paraphrase) getting used to the idea of doing all our daily activities without the smokes. This is difficult in the beginning, but eventually, with the slow passage of time it becomes easier. Today I don't even consider having a smoke, and I am SO happy about that I can't put it into words! So keep your chin  up folks, and if you are struggling today, find some comfort in the knowledge that it will get easier for you with time.

0 Kudos