cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
edith2

I am grateful to be smoke-free today and that there are so many people that understand how much being a non-smoker means because we've all been there!
0 Kudos
sandy-martin

Just wanted to say that I have made it 2 weeks now and never felt better.I did it I cant belive it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will stay smoke free!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
christina21

Hey all! I am proud to say I am on day 9!!!! I feel GREAT not smoking. I was having cravings for the first 7 days I would say. Something came over me when my husband reminded me my grandmother had told him she just walked away from the ciggs and said "They are NOT going to beat me!" I really have not had any real cravings since. YEAHHHHH!! It is also helping that my husband has been smoke free for 2 days!!
0 Kudos
kathy-dunyon

Congradulations to all of us who have stayed smoke free today! Every day smoke free is a good day! Thanks to all for your support and allow me to return the favor!
0 Kudos
quitter531

I have gone 4 Days smoke free. Everyday I think about smoking because I'm going cold turkey this time around. But everytime I wake up the next day I feel great about the fact that I did not cave in. Thanks for the support!!!
0 Kudos
kathy-dunyon

I am now on day 13, I'm also doing the Cold Turkey thing, when I get cravings I pop a Halls Breezer, it helps beat the craving! You could try that, I find it extremely helpful.
0 Kudos

Edith thank you for the invitation to "YES I Can" I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 12 hours, 7 minutes and 23 seconds (14 days). I have saved $70.34 by not smoking 290 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 11/19/2008 8:00 PM and counting.
0 Kudos

Thanks Brenda....looks like your doing great as well. Congrats on day 18th day...I think your right...We are going to Actually Do It this time! 🙂 Kim
0 Kudos
cindyd

just wanted to say thanks edith for steering me here this has kinda become my mantra i think can i really quit after 30 years of smoking, then i think of your group yes i can thanks it helps to read what others have to say and how they cope it really helps thanks again all
0 Kudos
edith2

Congradulations Tony! You're definitely a success!
0 Kudos