cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

fates-destiny

Planning to quit... who's with me?!

Hi all, Kat here.  Trying to get myself prepared for my quit date.  I see alot of people on here who've been smoke free for a while and I can only hope to get to that point.  We all know how difficult it can be.  Simply washing our brains of the cravings, and thoughts can be challenging.  But it's possible... I guess.  LOL.  I live with a smoker, and I live in a world of stress right now.  But if I can get through this period of my life without smoking then all other phases of my life should be a breeze.  It's time though.  If you've ever gotten to a point where even your brain gets tired of your excuses then you know what I mean.  I'm tired of imagining how much easier things would be if I'd quit.  I'm tired of telling myself "just one more and I'll stop".  I'm tired of the smell and the smoke getting in my eyes and ashes all over my car.  Tired of my clothes stinking like smoke, and... well... I'm just plain tired.  lol.  So, hoping, like all the rest of you quitters that this times THE time.  I'm sure it will be, with a little support.  So hello all of you out there.  Be sure to say hi!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
smokeless17

Hi,I quit smoking March 22 with chantix I havent had any side effects until I tried to get off of it but I tried to get off it cold turkey and I should of weaned myself off it.  I quit smoking so many times that I was ashamed so this time I didnt tell anyone that I was going to quit so far so good I havent had any really bad craves but I have had some stinkin thinkin about cigs and I am trying to think of something different everytime they come into my mind. Last time I quit smoking for a long time I did gain alot of weight but for some reason with this quit I havent well wish me luck

0 Kudos
fates-destiny

Congrats!!! Just keep reminding yourself that you've gotten this far and there's no need to go back.  I don't have health insurance and I can't afford a prescription aide so I'll be going cold turkey all the way.  The gaining weight part never even crossed my mind but I guess it's something I should pay attention to since one of the reasons I want to quit smoking is to get in shape lol... Well, congrats again and I'm sure you will be fine.  You've come so far, you won't want to give up on yourself!!!

0 Kudos
tendaroni

Hello everyone, I am 37 years old, I have been smoking since I was around 24. I have tried quit aides but this a first with a website. I am pretty much a boredom smoker and I will be honest I enjoy it, however, it'ts time to make some changes. I kmow I can do it, I have done it before. I really need support on quitting and finding other ways to occupy my free time. Pray for me on this journey as I pray for you all and anyone who would like to offer positive support I am open to that help. I don't have much family where I live now and no friends. However, I will succeed on this attempt. 

0 Kudos
kellikat22

Hi, My name is Kelli and I have been trying to quit for ever. Ive tried chantix and now the patch, ive tried cold turkey and weaning my self off the cigs by cutting down each day and still I smoke. This morning my oldest daughter woke up crying and gave me the biggest hug and told me she had a horroble dream that I got cancer and died. For the last year I have work so hard mentally to get my self in a state of mind to quit. I dont get it. How can you want to quit doing something so bad, but cant get yourself to follow thru. I too live in a very streessful life. Most of it I honestly think I bring upon myself. I have noticed on the days that I have gone 12 hrs with out smoking that I feel better, happier and have more energy. But once I give into the the thoughts of smoking a cig, cus thats usually what comes first, than once I do smoke that first cig its on from there. So I have been working not smoking in the moring and going as long as I can, but again the thoughts always gets me more than any trigger. So I hope this website works for me and all of you. I need a support system so HOPEFULLY we CAN do this Together. Thank You and hope to hear from you.

0 Kudos
busybee7

Hi there,I surely can relate to all you have said.With a lot of support from all of us maybe ,just maybe we will beat this together.

everytime I want a cig,I get up and get busy.I purchased an "E"cig.That helps some but the hand to mouth habit is still with me ,so I quit that.I also tried the gum and then had trouble with TMJ,so thay's out.Looks like it's just plain ole wilpower (help).

WE CAN DO THIS with each others help.

0 Kudos
clralph801

Hi everyone.  I just signed up and am looking for support and wisdom.  My quit day is May 24th.  I'm going to start using the patch I think.  Chantix doesn't work and the Zyban makes me sick. Not sure if this will work but we support I pray it will. 

0 Kudos
lisaduval15

Hello ppl...I just signed up about 15 minutes ago...I've tried to quit b4, but always failed cuz, I geuss, it was just spur-of-the-moment-quitting...I'm trying the prepare-yourself-to-quit-method with this site and hope it will help me to achieve my goal. My quit date is set for June1st and am seeking any advice (OR WARNINGS) for what I'm in for as far as triggers, slips, etc. I am a recovered addict and have been clean for over 6 years from ''much-heavier-than-pot'' kinda drugs....Quitting drugs was the EASIEST thing I've ever done, but damn these cigarettes, I can't kick 'em....I am currently pregnant with another child and since I'm not so much a "spring-chicken" ,as my doctor puts it, I am trying to focus on my health as well as this baby's.....HELP!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos