cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tleah

Pagan and Wiccan

Our religion is so based on nature and the benefits. Yet, we have been filling our bodies with these toxins. I have been cig free for 8 days and I feel wonderful!! I am so glad to have found this site. It has helped me tremendously.  On occasion, one of my triggers rears it's ugly head. But, I just stop, breathe, and remember how much better I feel now, and that keeps me strong!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
muffy

I have the same feeling about our religion. We wish to live our lives in a enviorment full of nature and we choose such an un-natural habit. I have not fully quit smoking yet but i am taking the steps to get there. i made this group so that hopefully we as pagans and wiccans could help eachother find the strength to fight the together. so far( after only one day) it seems as if it was worth it!

0 Kudos
copperdragon

Hello group. How is everyone?

I agree as well. Someone told me once, The body is your temple. So, for 13 years, I have been disrepecting the gods I love by destroying what they chose to give me. That said, I bought ciggs today and smoked them. It makes me irritated, to think my will is so weak I cannot conquer these stupid little white sticks, that I can physically snap in half, yet have become a slave to. I cant wait to quit, much as I love/hate ciggs. I want to be able to smell the flowers again in spring, without having to get down there (not that theres anything wrong with romping with the weeds, but....) In thier faces and sniff deep. 🙂

0 Kudos
tleah

It is hard to quit, but you can do it! It's all about mind of matter, or in this case mind over addiction! Those first 3 days were sooo very hard, but than gradually, as the one day turned into a week, and now day 10, it does become easier, even the cravings are easier to fight! Try some St. John's Wort, it's been known to help smokers quit. Also, Kava Kava will soothe those nerves, and reduce irritation!!

0 Kudos
patty46

Hi everyone. I agree about the harm we are doing to our bodies and how that doesn't balance out when balance is so important to us. My son asks about my religion and I'm open about it and he doesn't see how I can care so much about everyone or nature and not care enough about myself to stop smoking for good. It was a good question and made me want to quit even more. I've quit before..six months without then just decided I wanted to. Dumb. Good luck to you all!

0 Kudos
tleah

My husband and I made it past the 2 week mark(day 16&17 to be exact). It feels great! Hope everyone is doing well.

0 Kudos
nessa5

I am so happy to have found this site and thrilled that this group is here!  I agree with all of your sentiments - especially, why would I do such a horrible, unnatural thing to my body - the gift given to me to use in this world.  I am looking forward to talking with all of you.  Stay strong!

0 Kudos
muffy

Hey. i want to ask everyone a Question, just to get us all talking and connecting.

Q: What is one thing that you really look forward to about being smoke free? or if you have Quit, what do you like most about your choice?

My answer: i look forward to being able to walk outside and smell the air, not my normal nasty smoke smell. To smell the rain and the sunshine.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

0 Kudos
fraterprozac

Greetings All...
Glad to have found a group of fellow pagans to band together and beat this addiction. My quit date is tthe 23rd of February and I am going to do it this time. Going to start with a banishing ritual this weekend and follow up with a house cleaning and ridding myself of a lot of my smoking props. I am in the process of watching my triggers and want to work on banishing their hold on me. Anyone have luck with developing a sigil to loosen the hold of tobacco. Any herbal tea blends that help.
I wish us all the best of luck and this upcomming Spring equinox will be a rebirth for us all.
Frater Prozac

0 Kudos
kairae

Alright now I realy feel at home..  I am glad I found this group with my fellow pagans now I feel more relieved that I am not alone as a pagan..   I agree with tleah there about the basis of our religion and how we have been filling ourselves with so many gnarly chemicals..  So Im glad to be here and and am glad that you will have me

0 Kudos