cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

evie-kasper

PLEASE stop arguing!

I want to thank everyone who has posted to my blogs. I am concerned, though, that there are a lot of opinions that are spinning out of control. Please remember that we all need to try to support each other. One person’s opinion may not be another’s. We can agree to disagree. Shouldn't we be positive here and help others with our accomplishments rather than become negative and pessimistic? All comments are welcome to my blogs. The wonderful thing about being an individual is just because you read it doesn't mean you have to believe it. You have your our mind, your own soul, your own treatment. My mother always taught me that everyone has their own opinions and if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. I continue to live by those words. This is a wonderful website and I hope that feelings don't get hurt here, but the chain of love in support spreads. Thank you for listening.

I have been cigarette free for 2 Days, 18 hours, 22 minutes and 32 seconds (2 days). I have saved $9.26 by not smoking 55 cigarettes. I have saved 4 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/22/2008 2:27 PM

YEA ME 🙂
0 Kudos
11 Replies
fiveblessings

YAY you, is right!
Take what you need, leave the rest, honey.
You are doing great and that quit is what matters.
0 Kudos
evie-kasper

Thank you and I agree. Have a wonderful day!

0 Kudos
melissa9

YOu are so right. I may say something on someone's blog that worked for me. I dont' know if it will work for them but if they don't know what to do or whatever the reason was they wrote the blog I think it is nice to share what worked for me. My daddy taught me the same things. And I too use it to this day
0 Kudos
evie-kasper

0 Kudos
evie-kasper

I would never put myself in a position to say what works and what doesn't work for people. Everyone is different and things will work for some and not for others. To push what works for you on others is, in my opinion, negligent. Support is the name of the game and, like you said, whatever works. For me, it's so far so good, but I also have a different mind-set then I did previously when trying to quit. What works for me may not work for you and it's not my place to push that. I just hope that people try to provide support and love and not judgement. Take care, all!
0 Kudos
evie-kasper

I think you are taking what I'm saying out of context. I'm not bashing you, I'm supporting you. The kitchen sink approach is what I'm talking about as well. I wouldn't think of speaking negatively on anything anyone else says. I hope you understand what I'm saying.
0 Kudos
fiveblessings

Karen, I don't think anyone was applauding them at all...I just think when things get tense people try to divert it. I understand why you did what you did, but I know that some people will never change and I want Evie, on day 2 , to leave the things she finds distressing and use the support instead.
I think we all agree that her quit ROCKS!
0 Kudos
evie-kasper

Unfortunately, sometimes we say or do things we look back on and regret. There is nothing you can do about the past or the future, you can only live in the present and do the best you can for yourself and others. Thank you for your blog, Karen! Have a wonderful day.

0 Kudos
cindy25

You know it is kind of hard to know what to do sometimes. Ignoring one negative or "shaming" post is easy- ignoring lots of them is something else. Ignoring does not make it go away- almost the opposite occurs. Seeing a repeat pattern of negative postings makes you feel like you need to address it in SOME way (without trying to add to the negativity). I have found that making repeated statements like "everyone is different" really just increases the negative posters FERVOR. The post gets "hijacked" and turns into an unintentional discourse about quitting methods.........What to do? Really. What should the community do about this?
0 Kudos