cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cpotb

Only 3 days

It’s only been 3 days since I quit. I’ve been smoking for 18 years. This is the longest I’ve gone without smoking. I even kicked my marijuana habit as well. It’s very hard for me mentally but I’m taking this one day at a time. I am always thinking about how others have quit for such a long time and it’s very inspiring. 

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Kimshine

Congratulations on your 3 days of no smoking! Keep up the good quit!

Barbscloud

@Cpotb Welcome to the Ex and congrats on 3 days of success.   Those first few days can be rough and you're doing it.

Have you been reading material on the site?  It's not to late to read about nicotine addition and have a plan to be prepared for  the ups and downs of quitting.  This link is a good place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Glad you posted.  We're here to support you, so reach out anytime we can help.

Consider taking the Daily Pledge.  It's great way to stay on track one day at a time and to support your fellow quitters.

Barb

Snowdoggie

@Cpotb Welcome to Ex. Congratulations on your 3 days quit. 🌋🌋🌋🌋🌋🌋🌋Way to go. This first week is called hell week. Keep working your quit and you will have the 1st week done before you know it. Many of us tell ourselves NOPE! (Not one puff ever) to keep from smoking. Check out the "journals/blogs" area of the site and the "games" area to stay distracted. And do take the "daily pledge" it will help you stay focused. Best of success!😃

0 Kudos
molzep

Nice going! Like you said, one day at a time (sometimes it's one hour at a time!) You got this!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cpotb How are things? You're around day 11 according to your quit date. 🙂 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Kimshine

@CommunityAdmin I wanted to say it's nice to see you to check in with quitters! 😊

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kimshine wrote:

@CommunityAdmin I wanted to say it's nice to see you to check in with quitters! 😊

🙂 I'm as curious as you are on the progress of members here on EX. I too care a lot about the members here and want to see them succeed.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Kimshine

@CommunityAdmin Absolutely! 

0 Kudos