Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sylvie

One month, going strong!!

helloo everyone!
How is the quitting going?
Well if you are having a hard time, there is hope, look at me!!!!
One month, yesssssssss, hasn't been easy, one bit.......but it is not as hard anymore....it is not my main focus of the day.....every minute!
I am so proud, and in such a good mood all the time, wow!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
bob29

Very cool, Sylvie, and it's been 33 days for me. The cravings aren't a fraction of what they were, but I still get the urge from time to time. One of the ways I combat them is to just think of all the money that I've saved by NOT buying the damned cigarettes. Yee-haw, craven capitalism! Hey, works for me.

To be serious, though, I'm proud too, and so are the people close to me. I'd been smoking for 22 years, so I was dreading the quit, but I really meant it this time--threw out the ashtrays!--and I refuse to look back.

Keep on keepin' on, hon!
0 Kudos
diana3

You should be proud!!! I'm proud of you. I have made it 3 weeks. I do have an aide... a fat-loss patch. It curbs cravings, and it seems to be curbing my cravings for cigarettes, too.
0 Kudos
bob29

Man, Diana, that sounds like a very good patch. Keep it on, and keep it up.

I'm doing okay with the occasional piece of nic gum ... and lots of bubble gum. Sugar-free, of course.

Hang in there.
0 Kudos
sylvie

Thank you all for your visit, hope you helped yourselve to the champage!
0 Kudos
diana3

It's awesome, Bob -- I'm not smoking and NOT gaining weight!!! Works for me 🙂
Diana
0 Kudos
diana3

You're funny, Bob. I think about how easy it was to get addicted in the first place - I think about how dizzy they'd probably make me. OMG - I was at a sales conference last week - everyone went to lunch...I walked back to the meeting place WITH a smoker and didn't think a thing of it!!!!! That speeks loudly!!
Diana
0 Kudos
bob29

That is fantastic, a very good place to be.
0 Kudos

congrats!!I quit 8/8/08 45 days ago still want a cig. but know better! I will not smoke!!!
0 Kudos
bob29

Heck, no! No more smokes.
0 Kudos