cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jason31

Ok todays the day.. well tomorrow technically

I have went from a pack a day, to only 5 cigarettes a day. Well its been making me real sick, all I smoke is Malboro Smooths. Its been making me vomit, and it made a blister type thing in the back of my mouth. So I took the half of pack I had and broke all of them by the filter, so now I cant light up. I also dont even have money to buy any. So from now on, no more cigarettes for me.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
manofsteele

U CAN DO IT ...... read ....read....post.....read.....post....read...... stay teachable .... stay positive it more about gaining freedom than losing something

holler...if you need more help......help is only a few clicks away!
0 Kudos
stephen3

Jason, You did the right thing. Get rid of them man. No more excuses. If you need to run out and get some kind of NRT then go for it but make the commitment to quit. Some of us pledge to not smoke for 24 hours. I do it because I'm a man of my word, and if I pledge to friends as well as myself, I stick with it at least for 24 hrs at a time. You can find the link on my page. Good luck today. You can do this. We will help
0 Kudos
dave27

You might want to have that blister type thing looked at.
0 Kudos
polly2

Awesome Jason!! You obviously need to quit for health reasons! Way to go for pitching the cigs!! What has worked for me is constantly telling myself that smoking is NOT an option. Now when I get cravings, I don't even think about smoking, because it is not an option! So much of this addiction is in the mind...We need to replace the thought that smoking is good for us with other thoughts...There is no such thing as one cigarette for me...Cravings won't hurt me, but smoking will, NO = Not one! Try putting a rubber band around your wrist. Everytime you get a craving, give it a good hard snap. You'll notice that the rubber band hurts, but the craving really doesn't! It can also snap you out of thinking about cigarettes! We're all here for you Jason!! Stay positive, focused and get online here as much as you can!! You CAN do this!!!
0 Kudos
Giulia

So you broke them all...BUT, have you doused them in water and thrown them away? Have you thrown away your smoking paraphernalia? Your lighters, your matches, your ashtrays? If not, it means you're still clinging to the hope of smoking again.

Stay on the freedom train.
0 Kudos