cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

robyn4

Ok, I relapsed too

I don't know exactly what triggered it. But I actually stressed, went and bought a pack and smoked it over the last few days. But yesterday was the day I asked myself "why". So I've reset my clock and am working on journaling about the issues that produced the stress. I have all the tools needed to get through the stresses but I just ignored them. I ignored the fact that I was smoking too. If I lit up I just sat like a zoombie until the cig was gone. I've got my motivation back !!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
robyn4

Thanks Linda, I think I've got it down now. Not saying that it is easy but I am more focused on the quit than before. I think that was my problem. I didn't think it was any big deal and would just do it without thinking about it. But that didn't work so now I am staying focused and admitting that I have to tell myself all the time....you are quitting, you don't need to smoke. It seems to be working.

I do yoga every morning instead of having that cig with coffee and the breathing used is so relaxing. I use it whenever I have gotten the urge over the last few days.

You are right, this quit is the most important thing right now in my life!
0 Kudos

Robyn, I am wishing you well.
I have those urges too, and enough reasons .
I guess if we look for reasons to start smoking again, there are plenty in today's world.
But something in me stays alert to the question, " How would starting to smoke again, change anything into being better?" And, no great answers come to me. Because the truth is smoking NEVER helped anything before, and it won't help in any way now. Period!

Ask yourself that question when you get that trigger.

Blessings and healing hugs
0 Kudos
barbara42

the fact that you are starting again show,s that you are motivated. always be aware that stress will cause us to loose our quits if we let it. be ever watchful and you will make it peace!
0 Kudos