cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
wilf_brim

It's been (I think) about a month. The big cravings are gone. I passed a big test this week. One day a whole raft of stress was dropped on my head. In the past, it was something the drove me back to smoking. This time, it didn't. I'm hopeful.
0 Kudos
Sandi4

Hey Wilf Brim - You call yourself hopeful...I call you an EX!
0 Kudos
kellie2

Cate - Hang in there. You will get through it. A bad habit is what you don't have, not a crutch. It feels like one, but only because it is habit, it is what you know. Now we all are developing new ways to cope. New ways to do our favorite things. New ways to live SMOKE FREE!!
0 Kudos
sally2

any one who is quitting with the use of nicorette gum i have started a new group for nicorette users please join.
0 Kudos
joan8

Just wanting to see how people are doing, The longer it gets the easier to stay quit. I avoided starting up again a few times and had crazy stressful days. Now I can say I am proud to be an ex and have made it almost 2 months, this is great never thought i would have quit for so long. Thanks to alot of people here and my nicotine patches I have made it through some tough and crazy time. Yah me. How is everyone esle doing these days.
0 Kudos
jessie-ll

Well, I have made it through the first month of no smoking, I had a few episodes that almost made me want to smoke but I prayed and worked through them without lighting up...now I seem to be gaining a few pounds and I am not liking that one bit...any suggestions on how to keep my mouth busy without always eating...I think my problem is that I loved to smoke while driving and I am going through alot of lollipops and mints...
0 Kudos
taja

i'm there to but walks ease it i realise how fast i'm walking because i have the energy and i'm not lingering in the street to smoke
0 Kudos
mrs.williams

i want to completely quit by october 19. it's my sons 6th birthday!
0 Kudos
webslave

All the best Mrs. Williams...look around, read the discussions, make friends, get support.
0 Kudos
casandra

Hi, everyone. My quit date is October 1st and I am really nervous about this. I read about this website in a magazine and would love any advice that can be givin. I would also love to help others as best I can.
0 Kudos