cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

djeans

Not the first time but hopefully the last.

Hi everybody! I'm gearing up to quit.......again. I'll be 52 and realized that I've smoked just about 3/4 of my life. What an ugly thought! I started when I was 12 and though I've quit many, many times in the past, I'm hoping this will be the last time I ever have to worry about quitting again. My quit day is Christmas - Become an Ex says I should have set the day as the 27th, but I'm shooting for the 25th. I guess I'm writing this cause I'm a little spooked but on the other hand, I'm jazzed. I can't wait to be more active and be able to actually breathe. I've got some herbal quit smoking pills that I'm starting tonight. I figure I'll give them a day or two to kick in. They are supposed to help with mood (I'm not a real nice person when I don't have my smokes) For tonight - my wish is that everyone here is successful. I know that with a little perseverance it can be done.

Merry Christmas everyone!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
debrazgalaxy

As you are suffering the various mood swings and pains~ JUST KNOW that THEY are ONLY feelings. Feelings PASS, and can NOT harm you UNLESS YOU let them become  BIGGER than YOUR desire to be cigarette free.

WIll YOU feel anxious?  YES  ~Horribly so,  but IT IS  N O R M A L !

Will you feel SAD?  YES  , the way to over come these things is to tell YOURSELF positive THINGS, instead of letting the uncomfortable moods win over. 

I am almost 10 weeks into my quit~ 6 weeks of minimal nicotine replacement then ALMOST 4 weeks of NO nicotine.

Yesterday I had a COMPLETELY  "normal" feeling day~  IT  TAKES IME TO QUIT!!!   IT takes EFFORT !!  

Prior to yesterday ...I had horrible hours EACH day~  BUT during those hours YOU just HAVE to keeeeeep moving and doing NORMAL things.    EVEN on the days THAT washing YOUR own FACE feels LIKE TOOOOOO much work... WASH, dress and eat healthy~  Take care OF  Y O U !!!!!

0 Kudos
ashley53

Merry Christmas to you!  What a great present to yourself  😃  You're far more courageous that I am - I picked a day a month out and AFTER my vacation to Las Vegas.  I know I don't know you, but I'm very proud of you and believe you can do it this time.  Best of luck and let me know if I can be of any help.

0 Kudos
tessbess

I am quitting today. I started June 24th--going through a vicious divorce that really has sent me over the edge. I used to smoke 20 years ago and I just started up to have a crutch to hold on to my sanity. Now, I am still doing terribly, but I know I should quit: it's a bad example for my kids, it makes me feel unhealthy, it is so expensive, and I don't like being dependent on cigarettes! So, I am very depressed... Quitting and just with my life. But, if I get through this at least I will feel like I accomplished something. One minute at a time....

0 Kudos