cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Derek_44

Nicotine use caused by Workplace Bullying

I’m a 24 yr old man who’s new to this online community. I want to share my story on why I started using nicotine pouches. When I was 18 years old I started working for a steel company, the first 2 months of working there everything was fine until I had to deal with workplace bullying. I tolerated it for the next 4 years, just two years ago I started using nicotine pouches to deal with the pain. I became addicted within 2 months of using them. I recently sat down with God and told him that I want him to handle my situation and not rely on nicotine to get me through these situations. Next month I will be leaving my job, I am now weaning off of nicotine pouches, I am down to one in the morning and one in the evening. I am planning on quitting on April 22nd of this year. I’ve learned that I should depend on God in tough situations and not nicotine. Next month I want to start my new job as a new man, a clean new man who’s nicotine free and full of vigor and energy. 

3 Replies
Barbscloud

@Derek_44 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  Glad you found a new job that hopefully will be a more positive experience. 

Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addiction to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Start your day by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Look forward to celebrating with you on 22nd.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

biscuit9

Do it.  Free yourself from nicotine addiction.  I got my nicotine delivered through cigarettes.  You are young.  Don't be me and on my second quit (this is my last), and much older than you.  Quit now before you develop health problems and you will NEVER regret it, I can promise you that.  The difference with this quit, is that I prayed about it.  I was fed up with nicotine controlling me.  That prayer led me to getting educated about my addiction.....nicotine is no joke (as you know) so learning about HOW we get addicted is important.  I leaned on God for strength, and he got me through this.  Keep learning and make sure you have a "go-to" instead of nicotine.  Cut straws, head in freezer, bite in to a whole lemon, are just a few things I learned from this site.  Stay busy and resolute!  One puff always, always, always leads to another.  Also, read Allen Carr's book, Easyway to Quit Smoking.  It helps with your mental attitude.  Quit day 205.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Derek_44 Glad you're here and are on a path to quitting. The tobacco pouches or the tobaccoless ones like Zyn!?

EX Community Admin Team