cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
katheen

It sounds like you've done your homework on smoking so relax and let God do the rest for you and everything will fall into place. I have 7 days today and I'm still a little scared because I've smoked for so many years it's hard to give them up but because of health reasons I have to quit smoking. If you would like I can be one of your friends eventhough I have lots of them but I do enjoy having friends so let m know alright.

Your friend Kathleen
0 Kudos
sarah21

Hi my name is Sarah and I have 10 days today and i still want to smoke but with the help of sukers and hard candy i some how manage to get through the craving of wanting that one puff. I now that it will get easier with time but time can not come soon enough.
0 Kudos
katheen

They say that timeis all we can give it so then we have to pray otherwise I believe that God answears our prayers if we're honest with Him and sincer without reserverations. I know that I only have one day at a time is how I've gotten throuh these last few days.

LOLOX Kathleen
0 Kudos
katheen

We have 2 days and that is a mircial for us because usually we relaspe by now. We are going out of town to his parents house this weekend and I'm scared that we are going to relaspe because we have in the past and that scares me. I don't have a computer access so I cannot read or post and that is not a good idea for me. His sister smokes in the house even though she does most of it in her room but sometimes she is in the living room where were useually at. I just know what has happened in the past and a don't want the same thing happening this time so any suggestions would be nice to have.

LOLOX Kathleen
0 Kudos
cartel

I get 2 day 7 and give in....on day 4 now, can't seem to get 2 day 10. man, this is hard. but i am determined to stay quit. good luck 2 you all.
0 Kudos
katheen

They say that ut gets easer on day four we'll see about that.

LOLOX Kathleen
0 Kudos
katheen

Wentto te Dr. yesterdayand he is going togive me an acupuncher to help me with the cravings, and the withdraws symptons. Hopefully that will help me out because I'm still having the withdraws and the nightmares to go along with it.
0 Kudos
katheen

7 days today it's been a hard road so now what do I do.
0 Kudos
sarah21

hey katheen,
  this is sarah keep on counting that is what you do. i would not look at it any other way. i even count the seconds if i have to, to make it through a nother day. sarah
0 Kudos
katheen

Sarah, how much time do you have? It's been eight days today and still having trouble going outside where I used to smoke on the front porch any ideas on that one would help me out allot.
0 Kudos