cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
nancympearson

Hello Debbie,
  I want to welcome you to Beginners. I was new to groups a few months ago but now I am so glad I joined. I have found that quitting smoking is so much easier when you are not alone. I was always missing something when I quit before. Support has been the reason I am not smoking---I haven't smoked since midnight Dec. 31. Whenever you feel the need to smoke pop up this site and read, read, read and then write. Let us know when you need us. I for one will try and be there. You can so this!!!! Nancy
0 Kudos
debbie2

Thank you for the warm welcome Nancy & Amy. I've been reading as much as I can and having support through this I feel will be the key to being successful. I'm sooo happy for your success Nancy....hopefully I'm not far behind you.
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Thanks Debbie, It feel so good to know I am doing good this time. It makes you feel free. I stand a little straighter now that I got that monkey off my back. I know there will be times when I will want one but I will just come to this site and feel the support. You will do good too. Nancy
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Hi Joe,
  Welcome to Beginners. I have never had a luck in cutting back but My uncle did and it worked grate for him. He smoked three packs a day for 40 years. I am using Chantix to quit but I beleive the reason I am having such an easy time of it is because of all the wonderful people on this site. I have very little support in doing this----just my son believes I can do this----and then I found BecomeAnEX. You are not alone on here. As you are cutting back read the comments , my pages and the blogs. You will see that quitting is possible with support. You can do this!!! Nancy
0 Kudos
nikki0885

Hi guys! So I'm a new years resolution quitter... for the second year in a row... But I'm really determined to do it right this year! I'm really loving this site and all of the groups seem like a really fantastic support group.
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Welcome Nikki,
  I just left a reply on your discussion blog. I am glad you are here. We are a small group but the people I have met here are great. Welcome again. Love Nancy
0 Kudos
amy-finch

Hi everyone. Hope you're all doing ok! I've had some ups and downs today, Its hard to wait those five minutes when I get a craving, but I've been pretty successful so far. I actually got through for an hour and a half, (I haven't started on anything to help me yet, I'm seeing my doctor on the 13th.But I figure I might as well try to get a jump on it asap.!! Welcome Kristine and Niki ! This is a very nice place to start out in! Everyone is ready to help, including me!
0 Kudos
melro1973

Day 5.... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... choo choo!
0 Kudos

I was excited to find this group this morning! I am determined, at long last, to end my addiction to the art of smoking and nicotine. I have set my quit date for Jan 30, 2009. I am doing the prep-work.
0 Kudos
webslave

Congrats Kristine, I have on my page, Allen Carr's quit smoking book/lets. They may help with your prep-work.
0 Kudos