cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
nancympearson

Hi Amy,
  Welcome to our little group. Are you using anything to help you quit? Have you got a quit date? I never succeeded in cutting back first so I can't give advice about that. I believe the reason I am having such a good luck this time in quitting is the support I have gotten on this site. I would suggest reading everything I can---comments, my pages and blogs. jsu weep on reading. I am going on 3 days not smoking and this has been the easier quit I have ever had. Just keep hanging in there---You can do this!!!!! nancy
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Claudia,
  I am sorry for your slip. Don't be so hard on yourself because slip ups happen. You can do this!!!! I would of slipped up too if I hadn't had this site. I get your email and I want to answer back but I don't know your email so I will answer you here. I am sending you lots of hugs and support. Please don't give up!! Again you can do this!!!! Love Nancy
0 Kudos
amy-finch

Thanks Nancy, I have an appointment with my doctor on Jan 13th,the earliest date I could get. I'm planning to try Zyban and the patch. I've tried to go it alone before, but I think this is sooo much better than that! It's nice to have someone (s) to reach out to. Feel free to get in touch anytime! Amy
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Amy, You are going to do this--just stay on this whole site. It's the best advice I can give you. You will have my support when your quit day comes--- Just let me know. Love Nancy
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Hello Webslave,
  Welcome to beginners. I hope we can be of help in what ever you need to quit. Again, welcome. Nancy
0 Kudos
amy-finch

Hooray! I actually went twenty minutes without thinking about having to smoke all because i was on the website!!! Thanks, you've helped already! Love, Amy
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Amy, It works. I can't believe how being on this site has helped me. One off my friend's mypage has a video that I think every body should see. It is a film showing a woman in her 50s dying of lung cancer. Every time the urge is great to smoke I think of her suffering. It is not easy to watch. If you want to watch it go to mypage and click on the beautiful white kitty. It's Carole's Mypage. It will change your attitude about cigarettes. Love Nancy
0 Kudos
debbie2

Hello Everyone - I set a date to quit Jan 2 but I'm still smoking. I've cut down but haven't gone all the way yet. I'm serious about this and I know I have to beat this. I've never joined any online groups so I'm new to this - Debbie
0 Kudos
amy-finch

Hi Debbie, I'm new to this as well, I just joined this morning. I already feel like I have a good chance of quitting this time and thats in large part to this web site. We can go down this road together! Feel free to ask for any help you may need! Amy
0 Kudos
amy-finch

Thanks again Nancy, you seem like a great person! glad you're in this group! Amy
0 Kudos