cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
masseya

Quit date scheduled for March 31st.  Definitely getting anxious.

0 Kudos
marie16

This will be my 3rd and hopefully last quit date (3/19). I have stopped drinking and this has helped me to focus on getting my life in order. Smoking is one of the things that steals moments away from my children. Tired of the cover up and am looking forward to breathing in without the burn. I believe together we can encourage each other to reach our goal.  Best wishes to all.

0 Kudos
jeanr

This is Day 6 for me. I'm using the patch and I've had some tense moments, but it hasn't been as bad as I expected.

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!

xsaffron

Hello. Day 2 here. I fell off the wagon and am back to square one. I get more confident with each relapse surprisingly and I know we can all make this a permanent lifestyle.

0 Kudos
jlmh67456

hi all, day #2 for me - i started preparing myself about 3 weeks ago, asked my doc for wellbutrin (she wanted me on it last october - been a shitty year; i've been depressed, gained a few pounds and smoking even more) and i'm absolutely very pleased how much it has helped me this time!  a bit of will-power in a pill!  i've always just quit cold turkey but obviously the fact that i'm here means that never worked permanently for me.  even when i quit the first time for 17 years (quit the day after i found out i was pregnant - started when she was 17 with a new baby....) i still would dream about smoking!  ugh....  so here i go again.  this time with some help from my doc AND i found y'all!  🙂  so far so good, it's not been hard yet to not smoke.  weird, it's more of the unconscious "habit" of being bored or driving - the cravings are only lasting a minute or so.  if i just get up go get a bottle of water or do something, ANYTHING...it passes.  So i'm glad to meet all of you, will welcome the encouragement (i'm married to a heavy smoker who i've had to accept doesn't want to quit and isn't going to until he decides to which i now realize may be never) but i'm ready.  to laugh without coughing; to not cough and pee my pants (how many women admit THAT! LOL) to not smell like an ashtray when i hug my grandkids....  and the money!  wow....the $$$........ i have some goals and bills i want to pay down and some projects on my house (need a new roof badly) so this is going to help.   here goes nothing, or something really big depending on how you look at it! 🙂

0 Kudos
juliette

This has been a very long day 1.  I am excited to feel proud when I go to bed having completed the first day of this journey 🙂  I know it won't always feel so emotionally taxing not to be able to light up.

come to the blogs and post.

no one even knows you are here.

0 Kudos
xsaffron

One week in a few hours--I'm off to bed so when I wake up it is one week. I want to be in this group until I make it thirty days. Then I think I will start a group or blog about days 30-60. Lets never go back. Ever. Again.

cinjon

Day 2 for me.  I realized recently that it was 40 years ago that I bummed a cigarette from my girlfriend, she dumped me and I kept smoking.  Well I have quit too many times to count since then but I feel good about this time.  When I read of the other folks going thru the same thing it helps, maybe misery does love company.  I too stopped drinking, my huge trigger and that is helping for sure.  I wish the other first 30 day members the best of luck and an extra dose of sticktoiitness !

2befree

Hi All, I think this is the coolest site. I keep quitting and going back. Finally, I admitted I needed help, comradeship, and I found this site. Again. I'm going to make tomorrow Day #1 for me. Wish me luck!