cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
lisa-3006

I have quit several times once with two years under my belt. It only takes one!  My quit date is Sept.  20th!  This time for good!  I can't stand the smell but I so enjoy the draw! That's going to get to me... My Grandson is my biggest motivation.  I have been raising him for almost five years. He made me promise to quit and that's a promise I can't break!  I need to do this not just for him but for myself.  I have several medical conditions that smoking aggravates. . I don't just want to quit I Need to quit!
Giulia

Testing to see if I'll get a notification.

YoungAtHeart

Testing.....

Testing...

Testing

🙂

0 Kudos
terri6889

Its been 8 days; today was my first day without a patch; I only used them for the first week. Haven't really had any cravings/urges but boy have I been grouchy and irritable for no reason. Must be the break off from the nicotine?? I've survived it though; gonna be better tomorrow!

Terri 48

tina181

I  guess  people  think  that  i  will  start  smoking  again   but  i  am not.  i  have  made  peace  with  possible  weight  gain  and  feeling  like  i  want  to  kill  someone  and  i  just  need   to  keep  going.  I  started  to  add  exercise  to  my  day  so  maybe  that  will  help.... i  don't  know.  Just  keep  going  peeps.  i  remember  when  my  friends  who  vaped  looked  at  me  like  "oh  you  silly  smoker"....  hehehe.... now  i  look  at  them  like  "oh  you  silly  vapers"  and  they  know  i  am  a  non-smoker.    

0 Kudos

no one know you people are here. Go to the blogs tab and introduce yourselves if you want active support.

0 Kudos
jdesco311

Hi.  I'm Janet.  December 24, 2015 is my quit date.  Instead of slowing down smoking, I'm smoking like a chiminey because I know it's coming.  This is my third quit.  I quit once for 4 years.  So for those of you who are over the hump, no matter how tempted you may be at some point in your future, DON'T EVER THINK YOU CAN HAVE JUST ONE.  It starts out that way and then six months down the road, your back to the point of being a full fledged smoker.  It doesn't happen all at once, It creeps up on you.  You may have one and then not smoke again for two months.  Then you think, "well, I was able to have a cigarette two months ago without starting again, so I'll have another one.  I can control this."  Well, I want to tell you, YOU CAN NOT CONTROL IT! 

I'm here to quit for good this time.  I'm hoping you all can be my rock.  I'm going to need you.

jdesco311

Hi Dale,

I thought I was on the blog page. 

0 Kudos
cadorote

Hi everyone,

I'm Mary. I'm 5 days smoke free. This seems like a good place to go to talk about my quiting cigarettes. I'll post this and see what happens. Good day to all of you! Mary

0 Kudos
gail1962

I am a first time quitter but have tried two or three different times to quit so I hope this time it works...because I really need to quit health wise been having breathing problems from smoking causing most of it so I choose January 4 as a quit date ...I am determined to quit for good this time I have to for my own health...

0 Kudos