cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
godschild619

Going on day 4:) n.o.p.e.

TerrieQuit

Quit today. keeping busy. Still thiking about that smoke some. trying to do it without nrt. but do have gum standing by just in case.  Proud of everyone else's time. good job! You r an inspiation to me!!!

mike310

I am 3 days smoke free and noticeing small things like random bursts of energy i have had a few struggles my morning cig is the worst to get over that will fade away shortly i hope 

sonya19

I'm on quit day number 10. For me it is the morning and after work cigs that are the toughest. I've found that replacing the cig with something else has helped me a lot. In the morning I've been having a small cup of coffee outside without a cig and after work i've been doing a walk right when I get home. These changes seem to have helped me this far. Sometimes the cravings are strong but I find there less and less often as I become used to a new daily routine.  

enigmatik2

I am halfway through day 3.  The first day was absolutely miserable and I didn't think I could do it but then I used a patch and it took the edge off.  I can't believe I've made it three days, and I'm so sure now that I'll never pick up a cigarette again.  I am so glad to read everyone's posts about how it is going for them.  I get strength from this forum.

redheat29

I am 16 days smoke free.  So excited, but anxious at the same time.  I am starting to taste and smell things that I had the pleasure of doing in years.  Good job on quitiing everyone.  And after dinner smokes, I find that if I keep busy or take a walk after dinner, it helps.  

got2stop3

Accidentally lost my pack today. Set my quit date for 08/04, but I don't want to buy another pack either. Should I try not to buy a pack and try to quit now? Or is that setting me up for failure when quit date comes?

0 Kudos
riamac

Today is day ONE for me. It's been 14 hours since I've had a cigarette. Getting a little tough, but taking it one minute at a time. Drinking lots of water.

LizzyG

Today is day 5 for me as well. I went out with friends on day 3, only becouse it was already planned and I didn't want to cancel just becouse of not smoking. I too was with a few people that smoked. I kept my drinking to a minimum and literally pounded the water! It worked, I survived. Good luck to you! 

kimster6102

"Quit" on August 1st.. Have had 3 slip ups and smoked 2 cigarettes the first 2 slips ups. The past one I smoked 1/2 of one and it tasted AWFUL!!! I think that's when it hit me what I was putting in my mouth and what I smell like. Totally motivated me to NOT slip up again.. On day 10 of NO SMOKING.... trying to drink a lot of water and swim when I feel a craving, but cravings are few and far between. The one thing that has been an issue is Friday night Happy Hour, which I have avoided becasue a few drinks is a trigger. I'm okay with it.. lol