cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies

New people to this site may have issues navigating it and finding us all.   We all hang out in the "Blogs" section.  Just above your name and avatar picture click on the Blogs tab, then down a little on the left side, in blue, t says "write a blog".   Just write a blog to say hi, and maybe tell us how you plan to quit or why you plan to quit, or anything about yourself that you feel comfortable telling us. That way we will know that you're here.

This site is the BEST online support group for quitting. We have people with YEARS smoke free, months, days, hours, and quit dates in the future. We all want to help and support, and share what has worked and what we've seen not work.  

NO ONE cares about spelling, grammar, complete sentences, or anything like that.  Blog happy thoughts, sad, or mad thoughts.  Blog if you need help understanding the site, or any  help at all. Blog so we know you are here and can welcome you!!

Blog to get to know us, or to simply keep a record of your quit journey for yourself.

Support is very important, please take advantage of this awesome site and blog, blog, blog!!

~Jordan~ 

quit  11/1/12

New people to this site may have issues navigating it and finding us all.   We all hang out in the "Blogs" section.  Just above your name and avatar picture click on the Blogs tab, then down a little on the left side, in blue, t says "write a blog".   Just write a blog to say hi, and maybe tell us how you plan to quit or why you plan to quit, or anything about yourself that you feel comfortable telling us. That way we will know that you're here.

This site is the BEST online support group for quitting. We have people with YEARS smoke free, months, days, hours, and quit dates in the future. We all want to help and support, and share what has worked and what we've seen not work.  

NO ONE cares about spelling, grammar, complete sentences, or anything like that.  Blog happy thoughts, sad, or mad thoughts.  Blog if you need help understanding the site, or any  help at all. Blog so we know you are here and can welcome you!!

Blog to get to know us, or to simply keep a record of your quit journey for yourself.

Support is very important, please take advantage of this awesome site and blog, blog, blog!!

~Jordan~ 

quit  11/1/12

0 Kudos
SarahP

Hi Joan and Katie -- just to reinforce what Jordan said, most of us hang out in the Blogs area. Please feel free to join the main community by clicking on the "Blogs" tab, next to the "Groups" tab at the top of this page. This is where you will find the most well-rounded support for your quit, including new quitters such as yourselves, experienced quitters, and everyone in between. If you haven’t already done so, please write a blog there introducing yourself and telling us your story! 

0 Kudos
teeniemarie7

Hi my name is Tina . I'm 37yrs old and have 3 children ages 4,9,and12. I have smoked for over 27 years. I was around age 8 or 9 when I first lit up a cigarette. This is around my 6th time I'm attempting to quit in the past 5 years. I hate smoking and it has not one good feeling for me.       Smoking hates me ,my children , and anyone I care about. Smoking has never done onie good thing for me. Tomorrow it will be one full week smoke free!! I see a lot of desturbing commercials on TV about quiting smoking and god do they terrify me . I want to live,  I dont want to die . I dont really know what life is like without smoking but I have a pretty strong feeling that it is much much better than this out of control and very unhealthy life I'm living. I'm ready to put everything I have into quitting! I'm very very glad I found this site / support because I know in my heart this is what I have been missing the times I tried quitting. I feel that I'm not alone and I feel more powerful over this sick addiction . I know I can do this and I'm very happy to be here. Any advice or anything is very welcomed. Thank you out there for listening. Ttys
0 Kudos
ceci

Hi everyone, 

So only 6 more hours until I am through my first day of no smoking.  

I had gone for almost 4 months without a cig and had a slip last Sunday.  

Need to get "back on the wagon".

0 Kudos
joe157

hi, everyone Im joe and I have a strong desire to quit smoking. I need some help and advise to achieve this goal though. I had a hard day at work and need a group that will give me strength is there anyone that can help me? reach me at [email address removed]  Please !

Edited by Mark to remove contact information. Please only share contact information via private messages with trusted members.

0 Kudos
arabrab

i just started,  today is my first day.  Where do I go from here?  What do I do?  I need support and would like a friend.

0 Kudos
shanon6

i'm a newby who's losing the desire to quit.   help !!!!

0 Kudos
mary269

hi my name is mary, just registered today to quit smoking.so far not too bad.i am trying to keep busy,and eating a lot of hot mints which are helping.hope i do quit this time for good after many failed attempts.

0 Kudos
sunshine76-2

Hello my name is Patrice I'm addict to Black and Milds I take one day at a time today is Feb 4,2014 and I been clean for 9 days now coming here everyday few times in a day I feel better and stronger reading and sharing knowing I'm not alone with this battle which only thing i used was the quit smoking tea i time which was yesterday didnt drink it all either now so much I want to smoke it really my mind be missing with me also pray and asking Jesus to take the wheel when things get real tense and he does so we can do it and break the chain just pray and i quit cold turkey also just beleive and don't give up just take one day at a time from your non smoker friend Patrice I wish each and everyone a bless journey to becoming a non-smoker 

0 Kudos