cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
aeanderson56

Hello :

i am new as well I have set a quit date and am working on a tabacco cessation coach as well.  I am watching and learning from you guys too.  Thanks for all the comments.

0 Kudos
ruta01

I keep coming back to this blog when I feel weak.  I'm finishing up day 8 smoke free.  When will these craving end?  I get strength from reading your blogs.  Thank you everyone. 

0 Kudos
hazelzoleta

Hi I'm going through the same thing. I got really sick right after Easter Sunday and missed a whole week of work but when I was sick didn't crave the cigarettes so I thought it was going to be easy to quit but all of sudden when I felt better the cravings are kicking in.  I admit I broke down having a cigarette here and there but NOWHERE near what I was doing.  In fact I didn't like the taste but I swear my body is feeling the withdrawals but my mouth doesn't like the taste.  I'm also coughing and breaking out on my face but I think that's the TOXINS coming out finally.  It's hard so I hope people are active on this post bec I really need the support too inorder to succeed.

0 Kudos
hazelzoleta

I found that when I thought I craved I did break and lit up but the taste was horrible.  So I think what I'll do is slowly cut it...the cold cold turkey maybe too much for me for right now so cutting down then slowly just cut I am going to try that approach.

0 Kudos
vickykabel

well  it has been 2 days without a cig now!

0 Kudos
pepere

hello all.

I'm 73 years of age and have smoked since i was 15. I have quit now for 4 days and doing great. looking forward toward all your post as aids to quit and stay off.

I read on an other site a little mantra that I thought was real neat. It said (NOPE),

Not one puff ever.  and I am trying to live up to it.

Good luck to all, and breath deep. 

0 Kudos
janet-bivens

Tomorrow is the day!  I can use all the support I can get.  This is going to be my last attempt because I believe I can make it this time.  I have been reading and reading and feel more prepared than ever.  Congratulations to those who have quit!  I will be following in your footsteps!

0 Kudos
bbobe

Hey guys! Tomorrow is the day I quit! ahhhhhhh I'm nervous!!! I don't want to say I'm quitting again and then not go through with it! My daughter who is 6 keeps telling me to stop because she doesn't want me to die!!! Ugh it broke my heart to hear her say that!!! So I decided I needed to do it for my babies!!! My son picked  up a cig and pretended to smoke it! I felt like a total failure!!! 😞 Anyone else have this experience?

0 Kudos
petlover98

Hey guys just started today and IT'S REALLY HARD! It's also nerve wracking when husband smokes and just won't JUST WON'T go outside.  I don't blame him either it's his house too so he has a say.

0 Kudos
septgrl

This is my 21st day of not smoking, I still have cravings but I get busy doing something and forget all about it.

0 Kudos