cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

wacandusavet

New to site...Quit Date is May 5

Just started today.  I've been smoking for 40+ years.  I heard about this site from someone who had used it successfully to quit.  I have COPD.  Even though I have the health and financial issues, I think my biggest motivation is my children.  They all smoke and I don't want them to end up like this...like I am.  When I hear them talking about quitting, it's like hearing myself and all the excuses I've made over the years.  I've gotten to where I can quit for a few days at a time and then I mess up.

I'm hoping this site will provide me with the tools I need to be as successful as my friend.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
josegirl

Hi, I am new here myself . You sound like me. My family is my main reasin for quitting but also for myself.

I wish you luck and maybe we can help one another.

0 Kudos
onelasttime

Welcome to both of you, I think you have came to the right place if you are seeking information and support. You can get both here as much or as little as you need. There are smokers at every stage of the quit, so they can answer almost any questions you have. There are some wonderful people here. Go to your home page and tell us about yourself  you will get responses believe me and be welcomed with open arems we are all for stopping the addiction of nicotine...Again welcome feel free to click my icon and read my story of how I got here. I will make bpth of you a friend...Deb

0 Kudos
leadfoot

Welcome and I wish you the best of luck with your quit attempt!

0 Kudos