cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Charmed

New here, and 2nd day smoke free

Hi everyone!!!
Today is my second day smoke free......all I can think about is a cig.....I want to jump in my car and go get one, I'm trying to convince myself that just one won't hurt.....but we all know it will. So I'm gonna be strong, I'm going to resist the urge. I'm 29, I'll be 30 in a few weeks. I made the decision that I DID NOT want to be a smoker in my 30's....I'm tired of being the only one of my friends that smokes....I'm tired of my husband wishing I would quit....I'm tired of my hair stinking like smoke....I've never quit for more then one day....I'm excited to know what a whole week will feel like.....I'm using the patch....I wore it to bed last night....I won't make that mistake again, I had some very vivid dreams.....everytime I woke up in the middle of the night the first thing I thought of was a smoke....and its all I've thought of since I've gotten up.....this is absurd....I rule my life, smoking does not rule my life.....although right now it feels like smoking rules my life......
I've babbled on long enough.....thanks for listening and wish me luck!!!
Tags (1)
18 Replies
Sandy-9-17-17

And by the sounds of it, you are still smoke free? 

elvan

I LOVE it...are you still smoke free?  What a journey...TEN YEARS!!!  I am so glad you got the notifications and really impressed that you remembered your password...I only last about ten minutes remembering passwords.  Good to hear from you!

Ellen

MarilynH

A super duper Congratulations on your splendiferous 10 glorious years of Smokefree living Charmed WOW maybe you can pop in every once in awhile congrats again on your awesome quit journey and yay for each and every Day WON. ....

Sandy-9-17-17

You will be happy you made the decision to quit, there is nothing worse than being the only smoker in a group.  I felt like that all the time too!  What a great feeling it is not to feel that way anymore!  Hope to see you around lots, and just holler whenever you are struggling!  This is the best place to come to when you are having a hard time!  Read Read Read!!! 

Make your mantra, " I don't do that anymore"  or N.O.P.E.   Not One Puff Ever!  Welcome to EX!

0 Kudos
Gilamonster

Welcome Charmed!

We can do this!

This site has helped me get to 138 days.

Lots of great support here.

Taking the Daily Pledge and reading other people’s journey really keep me on the path.

Gayle

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Thanks for sharing your story. And welcome to Ex...you've come to the right place to talk, be heard and be given support. One day at a time you can get over the addiction and find a satisfying life without cigarettes. Unbelievable, but true. Keep those smober hours coming.

0 Kudos
Charmed

Yep still smoke free. There have been a few minor slip ups here and there but I’m doing great!  I actually didn’t even know how long it had been until I saw this again. 

MarilynH

Happy 4th of July a day early in case you're not here tomorrow but if you can pop in to say hello.   Charmed

0 Kudos
diamond01

Great job, today is my 11th day, we can do this together.