cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Charmed

New here, and 2nd day smoke free

Hi everyone!!!
Today is my second day smoke free......all I can think about is a cig.....I want to jump in my car and go get one, I'm trying to convince myself that just one won't hurt.....but we all know it will. So I'm gonna be strong, I'm going to resist the urge. I'm 29, I'll be 30 in a few weeks. I made the decision that I DID NOT want to be a smoker in my 30's....I'm tired of being the only one of my friends that smokes....I'm tired of my husband wishing I would quit....I'm tired of my hair stinking like smoke....I've never quit for more then one day....I'm excited to know what a whole week will feel like.....I'm using the patch....I wore it to bed last night....I won't make that mistake again, I had some very vivid dreams.....everytime I woke up in the middle of the night the first thing I thought of was a smoke....and its all I've thought of since I've gotten up.....this is absurd....I rule my life, smoking does not rule my life.....although right now it feels like smoking rules my life......
I've babbled on long enough.....thanks for listening and wish me luck!!!
Tags (1)
18 Replies
kerry

Good luck!!! You are doing great! We are with you.
0 Kudos
sam5

I can totally relate, Charmed. Today is my third day smoke-free and I've also had some crazy dreams as a result of being on the patches. Last night was my first big "test." I went to a party with a bunch of people drinking and smoking. I stayed strong by holding a toothpick all night instead of a cigarette. I find that the more people I tell that I've quit, the more sense of support and accountability to them I have. But most importantly, you have to remember all the reasons YOU want to quit and stick to it. You can do it!!

And happy early birthday! Best, sam
0 Kudos
dashquit52

Good Job, I am start Today my quit day today. I am not waiting any longer to start this glorious journey. Have a Happy Smoke FREE Day.

Barbscloud

Hi dashquit.   Looks like you responded to an old post.   They are dated and we've all done it.   Congrats on your decision to quit.  If you need help, reach out.  We're here for you.

0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

I am very happy to hear that you are getting on board sooner than the 9th!  I know you have been here often reading, and getting prepared!  You can do this, it is most definitely doable!  You just have to put yourself and your mind before nicotine!  Nicotine has had a constant hold on you for years, now you're going to take back control!  So happy for you!  Best decision you can ever make for yourself!   

0 Kudos
elvan

dashquit52‌, Barbscloud‌, Sandy-9-17-17‌, Gilamonster‌, maryfreecig‌ I THINK this blog by Charmed‌ was posted ten years ago.  Maybe I am wrong, in any event, opening a dialogue between you is a great idea.  Congratulations dashquit52‌.

Barbscloud

I did post that it was old also, but thanks because sometimes I get confused.  Maybe I'm finally getting the hang of this.

Sandy-9-17-17

See Barb, I even make the mistake of not looking!  The most current post someone makes will show a current date, and it makes it confusing!  So I'm guilty on this one for not noticing it!  But noticing the most current posting date instead!   

Charmed

Lol yes I posted this 10 years ago!  Wow how time flies. I completely forgot about this message board until I started getting emails from his reply

Surprised I remembered my password!

Good luck on your quit Dash!!!