cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ed_

New Years Day Quitters

I am bound and determined to get the freakin' smokes out of my life! New Year's Day, 2009....I am getting the prescription for Chantrex and am going to do it! Happy New Year!
0 Kudos
480 Replies
twinken68

I have been trying to quit for a over a year and I am currently on Welbutrin.  For some odd reason I can not smoke all day but need to smoke at 5pm.  After the first cigarette I will smoke every 2 hours until bedtime.  How do I overcome this problem?

0 Kudos
amistillalive

Hi Joyce,  I want to quit for the New Year as well.  I'm cutting back and have the patch and gum ready.  I want to join this group.  I hope this group will be very supportive. Thanks

0 Kudos
nagual

Hi,

I'll be brief for now, 31 years of smoking, quit day 28th Dec.

0 Kudos
crystal22

Hello to all you brave people! My name is Crystal, I'm from Central Fla and smoke about a pack a day. I am 30 and have smoked since I was 11 years old. I have quit twice, both times lasted 6 months, looking forward to a new year being smoke free for my baby girl ❤️ Any support would be much apprecated and I would be happy to give support as well!

0 Kudos
j-a

DEC 15, 09 DAY 349,  HI GUYS!!  HOW IS EVERYONE DOING? READY TO CELEBRATE 1 YEAR?  I AM !!  I WILL DO SOMETHING I HAVE NOT DONE BEFORE.  GO TO TIMES SQUARE IN NY AND WATCH THE BALL DROP!  I THINK THAT IS  A  VERY GOOD CELEBRATION FOR OUR 1 YEAR QUIT!! 

WILL WE START ANOTHER GROUP ON THIS WEBSITE? OR WILL  WE STAY HERE?  I DONT WANT TO LOSE CONTACT WITH YOU GUYS JUST BECAUSE WE MADE A YEAR TOGETHER.

WELL MERRY CHRISTAMS TO ALL!  I AM EXCITED TO BE 1 YEAR SMOKE FREE, I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE.

0 Kudos
jarm0009

Hello everyone - I am Cassandra, I am 24 years old and have been smoking since i was 18. My husband is currently deployed in afghanistan and i have been struggling with the stress of everything.  In the last year i have been experiencing a lot of anxiety attacks and smoking seems to make the problem worse.  I feel the need to quit for my sanity and my health. Me and my husband also want to start having kids when he returns next year, so i HAVE to quit before then!  I set my quit date for new years because i know the holidays will be hard for me.  i am planning on using nicotine gum to help me through, i heard chantix can make you really depressed and anxious, which is not what i need at the moment.  I am hoping to get a lot of support here since my family actually doesn't know that i smoke.  I can't wait to be an ex! New years will be here before we know it!

0 Kudos
fiestyfroggie

hi, im a 32 year old smoker. i have been smoking off and on since i was 14. in 05 i quit for over a year, but depression got to me, and i allowed myslef a smoke. well, i sit here tonight with severe bronchitis, having to go to the doctor almost weekly. i hate coughing, and i hate smoking. i hate that i am addicted to it. so, i have decided even if my husband doesnt quit, i am. this is the last christmas i will smoke. i plan on quitting on January 15th. i know it isnt new years day, but i am working on it. i am slowly cutting back between now and then, to make it easier to quit on that day. 

Soon to be EX.

fiesty

0 Kudos
ba-boon

Please check my profile Ba-boon, and let me know if anyone would like to meet for a day hike/walk. I have quit 6 times over the past 3 years, now I am determined to quit by 31 December 2009, and I want more non-smoking people to associate with afterwork. I can't smoke at all where I work, so that helps greatly, though when I am not at work I smoke more. I know all my triggers, but since I have lived around non-smokers over the past 20yrs, they don't get how I feel, when I don't have just one cigarette, so I hopefully can meet others here who are determined to quit for good.

0 Kudos
beener

Hey all.  I signed up tonight also.  Quit 7 days in November, then got reaquainted with old friends and started drinking and smoking heavily.  Insomnia set in and started taking Lorazapam.  I was spiraling out of control...nose dive!  Quit the sleeping pills,  drink an occasional beer or cocktail  but I still smoke 1 pack of cigs a day.  Started smoking at 16 years old.  I am 47 now.  Time to duel with the Marlboro man!

0 Kudos
Susan57

Hi to all,

I would like to wish you all success in your quits. The beginning is not easy and the ending is exactly what your looking for.

I am now smoke free and loving every moment. Cheers, Susan

0 Kudos