cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

New Quitters Check In!

Hi!  I noticed there are several new quitters this week so I thought we could support you all in one place and you could each get to know your fellow quitters and support one another.

Are you new in your quit?  Did you choose to quit just before the holidays or did you quit on 1/1/2018?  Are you less than 30 days into your quit?

Let everyone know how you are doing!  You can check in here to support each other and get support from the /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016?sr=search&searchId=37122da5-d471-4574-9...‌ or those who have some DOF (days of freedom) behind them!

Share the victories and the struggles.  You never know how it may touch someone.

294 Replies
Sandy-9-17-17

You just gave yourself the best gift ever!  Proud of you!  O.D.A.T.!  You got this! 

Sandy

0 Kudos
Renrad

I am smoke free since 1/01/2018.. feeling good so far. I quit every New Year for a spell. I’m hoping I can kick the habit for good this year. I have Grandchildren I want to be healthy for in order to share time with them their whole lives. I am totally pumped about it this time!! Looking forward not backwards. Treating myself better because I deserve it. Thanks for your support in advance  

Roller831

Welcome to the site Renrad‌!  Nancy posted a great discussion for our new quitters!  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/109313-for-our-new-years-quitters-and-community-members-t...‌.  Turn this year into your forever quit!  I highly recommend reading the discussion and all of the comments to help you make this your forever quit!  You turned your Day One into a Day WON and noone wants to do that again!  We are happy to have you here!

BRAVO!!! MY WHY'S ARE THE SAME!! XO GRATULATIONS! DONT TURN BACK EVERY! 

pktabron

Hi All,

I am NOT quit yet. I have started Chantix 3 days ago.

My quit date is in 2 weeks...I have chosen to do the reduce smoking method that Chantix offers.

I am happy to be part of this group. Thank you all in advance for your support through this journey.

PKT

Roller831

Welcome pktabron‌!  I also took Chantix and was able to successfully quit using it.  I did stop after about 3 weeks (around 2 weeks into my quit) because the side effects were bad for me, but it did the trick!  There is a great thread (I posted to it above) and I highly recommend reading it.  That is where many of us have posted links to other discussions, blogs, and ideas on this website!  

YoungAtHeart‌ has a wonderful welcome message in that thread as does JACKIE1-25-15‌.  elvan‌ was one of the first members to greet me on this site.  The knowledge from /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016?sr=search&searchId=d468b39c-1100-4c23-b...‌ like JonesCarpeDiem‌ and OldBones-Larry‌ is amazing as well.  Keep this site close, listen to the Elders (those with more than 1 year of smobriety under their belts) and do the necessary steps outlines in https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/109313-for-our-new-years-quitters-and-community-members-t...‌.  /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months?sr=search...‌ and https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex?sr=search&searchId=2d17555a-6af4-45b9-82ef-a079...‌ are great places to start!

pktabron

Thank you so much for the welcome and the references for further reading 🙂

I am excited to succeed!
mivida2018

You will make it. Just say just for today I am not going to smoke. and take one day at the time after more then 40 years of smoking from 5 to six cigarrets  a day  I am on my two months and a half. Hasn't been easy I am  doing it cold turkey. But I know it's all up to me. Don't give up  and never take another puff again. Good Luck to you and remember You are not alone.

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. High five for making a start. Yes you can, one day at a time.

pktabron

Thank you so much!!!  This site means so much to me!!!