cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lucy705

NRT addiction

Quit smoking over 2 1/2 years ago...using nicotine lozenges. Now I am addicted to the lozenges...that's why I joined this site for help to quit NRT. These are worse because you can use them anytime and anywhere! I have tried numerous times to quit...but get very irritable, hysterical, lots of anxiety, can't concentrate, etc. Really want to quit...need some help and support! I set my quit date for June...am I waiting too long? Lots of stress right now...just got laid off from my job...have an interview next week. Should I set a quit date soon or should I wait until after the interview...because I feel like I can't concentrate when I don't have the lozenges...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
susie61

I don't know amy answers. Maybe call a Pharmicist and just ask their advice.  Give yourself some credit, though.  My quit date is may but I already have all the symptoms you are describing.  Also,  I have anxiety for which I take Xanax.  Sometimes it helps, but other times I have to call a hotline.  

I wish you the best of luck.  But do give yourself credit.  You are not poisoning your home or body with all the crap they put in cigarettes.  You have made one step.......I really think you can kick this thing if you can resist lighting up.

0 Kudos
lucy705

Thank you for your response!  Unfortunately I didn't get the job...so now I am  ready to quit the lozenges....I can't call a pharmicist because I don't insurance!

0 Kudos