cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rachel17

NOT ONE MORE EVER!!!

It's easy to say not one more ever but how do we make that a reality? The first time i quit i would have thought that i wouldn't ever start again but i didn't tell myself not one more ever. I now know that is the only way for me to go. Everyone please make suggestions about how to keep this pledge not just today but forever?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Abby3

This can be our mascot! 🙂

0 Kudos
Abby3

NOME, get it? 🙂
here's another cutie:

I just stopped in for a second, but will write a more thoughtful response here soon! Great group - thanks for starting it!
0 Kudos
frankie2

Rachel,
After much research I gotta say there doesnt seem to be a quick fix. One site helped me though and basiclly what it said was Hey we are ADDICTS. Would you tell a heroin addict its ok to have one more . Of course not. That may seem like I am streching it a bit buttt.... Im a Nicotine addict and JUST ONE MORE will not work for me. I've only been Nicotine free 2 weeks Im no expert but my goal is the same as yours . I take it one trigger at a time embrace the ability to overcome it conqure it and waalaa all done . Baby steps but dont give in. Just dont. If that little girl in the photo is yours well that should be reason enough. Hindsite is 20/20 though. Even when I heard the word Byopsy from my doctor it didnt make me quit. Faith, Lots of Prayer and hopefully new friends will(byopsy was benign by the way). I believe this is going to affect us in some manner our entire lives . Im in for the long Hall. ANYBODY WITH ME????
God Bless
Nicotine free since Sept 8 2008
Frankie
0 Kudos
jennie3

I am here with you ! I know I cannot have just 1 either I am to much of a cig junkie for that! We can win this we are strong! Hi Frankie nice to meet you!
0 Kudos
edith2

I don't believe it's possible to say forever. I am an addict. If I were to smoke today, I wouldn't have to "catch up." It would be as if I never quit. I've experienced this too, 30 years ago. I am not cured from any of my addictions. My addict is alive and well and I know what I have to do to keep it at bay. I can never be complacient and say "never again." I get a daily repreive, that's it. The past is gone, the future is not here. All I've got is right now. Saying I will never do something again is like saying I know the day that I will die. I don't know! What I do know is as long as I stay smoke-free, I will live alot longer than if I didn't quit. For me, keeping the fear of relapse as an asset instead of a vice will ensure me that I don't have to smoke TODAY.
0 Kudos
jennie3

So many raw emotions huh lisa lol I'm learning to kinda like 'em no more repressing my feelings with a cloud of smoke
Three months, three weeks, one day, 23 hours, 49 minutes and 55 seconds. 5749 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,868.63. Life saved: 2 weeks, 5 days, 23 hours, 5 minutes.
0 Kudos
frankie2

where did everybody go?
I made it through the visit to my daughters today (alot of smokers there) with very little effort. Tomarows My sons House he and his wife smoke as well. If I can make it there I 'll make it anywhere. Oddly enough I know I can without a doubt .
Hope everyone had a UFD (urge free day)
Keep up the good work .
Talk to me folks i feel alone here

By the way that usually doesnt bother me i talk to myself LOL
Frankie

Lisa what about Godiva Chocolate on the top of the Effel tower.? Its the Effel tower you've got to indulge!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
jennie3

Hey Frankie I know haw hard it is to be with smokers sadly almost every one I know with a few exceptions smokes you can do this it is so worth it .
0 Kudos
jennie3

gnome, costume, pug, cute, loldogs, wtf
see more puppies
0 Kudos