cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

catlady2

My quit day is April 1

I really want to quit sooner but this BecomeanEX suggests waiting till April. Anyone know why?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
smarino

Usually it's because you have a major event coming up. Birthday? Wedding? Vacation? I wanted to quit the day after my 21st birthday, but it suggested I wait until one month after that date. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
catlady2

But I don't have anything coming up. Should I still leave the date as April 1st? It said something about keeping a log of when I smoke and why. Any idea where I'm supposed to do this on the EX site?

0 Kudos
sandybill

Mine told me because I had not been tracking my cigarettes....

0 Kudos
chevincublime

Right; I think they want you to track your habit so that you can most effectively plan for what to do when you get in those situations.  Perhaps you track your cigarettes for a few weeks and it shows that you smoke most when you are stressed out, or maybe after eating a meal.  That way you can plan and be prepared when the urges come up.  I am in the same boat as you - wanted to quit after a big birthday party I'm having, but it suggested waiting till April as well.  The only difficult thing for me is hoping to keep a good log of my smoking habits.  I don't expect to track every single one, but hopefully can develop some statistics to show me when I smoke most.

By all means, don't think that because you're quit date is in April you have to smoke normally until then; I would say to try to resist your urges and just start thinking about why you get them, and brainstorming ideas of how to treat them.

Hope I helped a little, and best of luck to all of us!

Cheers,

Mike

0 Kudos