cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lg_3

Moms

Day four and feeling good. I LOVE not trying to sneak away from the kids. I don't rush through the bedtime story anymore so I can get another smoke in. No more sneaking around the side of the house. Children learn by example. Why would I expect them to not become addicts when I am SO addicted?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
212 Replies
christina21

I am noticing that everything my children do is now magnified since I quit smoking 4 days ago. I do not know how to handle this without yelling at them. I think they since my irritability and are acting out now more than ever.
0 Kudos
christina21

thanks for the advice. I am using Wellbutrin and it soes seem to help to some degree. While I do find myself wanting just one more drag, the smell left on my husbands clothes repulses me so the want to goes away!
0 Kudos
christina21

That's a good idea. The PA did suggest I may have mild depression. I will try the gum and see how it works.
0 Kudos
cindy16

How are you doing today Christina? Did you buy some gum or lozenges? I hope you are doing well. Happy Thanksgiving, Cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi kristne and Julie. Today is dy 25. doing good. I hope both of you are doing well too. I will check in later. Happy Thanksgiving. First holiday not smoking. Cindy
0 Kudos
christina21

I did not get a chance to go buy anything to help with cravings. I really have not wanted one until right now. My husband and I have a couple of drinks occasionally on the weekends but today is our friend's birthday and they are stopping by. They do not smoke thank goodness but my husband still smokes about 1 a day. Wish me luck!
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Chriatina, How are you doing? Did you make it through your friends visiit? My husband smokes so that makes it more difficult. I have been doing good. I drank yesterday and did not crave a cigartette. I hope you are doing good. Cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

Good Mornign everyone. I hope everyone is doing good today. It is day 27 for me. I'm feeling really secure in my quit. Cindy
0 Kudos
sandy-martin

Well tomorrow will be day 9 and I am doing great.The chantix is so great.It helps so much.I had a good thanksgiving and got through it just fine without smoking.It is good to know that I am on my road to a healthy life.
0 Kudos
christina21

Hi all! I got through my friends visit and was doing so well until the end of the night. I took 2 drags off my husbands cigg. I ended up feeling really bad that I let the alcohol get to me like that. Last night we drank a couple after the Texas Tech game GO RAIDERS! I did not have the craving like before (must have been all the sunflower seeds) !!!! My husband bought menthols which we both despise so even the smell repulses me thank goodness! Stay strong!!!!!!
0 Kudos