cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lg_3

Moms

Day four and feeling good. I LOVE not trying to sneak away from the kids. I don't rush through the bedtime story anymore so I can get another smoke in. No more sneaking around the side of the house. Children learn by example. Why would I expect them to not become addicts when I am SO addicted?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
212 Replies
sandy-martin

Hi,My name is sandy and I am getting ready to stop smoking.I am very scared that I wont be able to do it.I was told last week after two chest xrays that if
  I dont stop now it wont be good for me down the road.I dont want to die from this but it is so hard to quit.I have a 13 year old and a 7 year old and need to be here for them.I am going to my doctor on monday and I think I will try the chantix.Does anyone know if this stuff really helps? I have to do this please help if you know the best way to start.Thank you
0 Kudos
shanna_r

Congrats on the first step Sandy! You'll have lots of support here.
0 Kudos
cornelia

Hello everybody!
  First of all, I'm really happy to have found this community, and to not have to go through this alone.
  I'm not really sure if I'm at the right place, since I'm not a mother (yet). But, my main reason for wanting to quit is the fact that I want healthy children, and a healthy family. First of all, my partner is a non-smoker, and he really hates the fact that I smoke. We've been wanting kids for quite some time now, but we've been postponing it just because of me smoking. I want to quit, and give my body a chance to "clean" itself before planning the first child.
  After a few unsuccessful attempts to quit, I found this website, signed up, and now I'm really determined to get rid of smoking once and for all.
  Nice to meet you all!
  Cornelia

P.S. Sorry for my bad English; English is not my native language
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Sandy, I'm on chantix and it is the best medicine. It takes away all the cravings. Prior to quitting I changed my habits as much as possible. Then when I quit the battle was much easier. I have been smoke free for 13 days. I have had only a few cravings. They only last about 3-5 seconds each. Post a message or email if you want to talk. Tonight was a test. I bowled. I was nervous about craviing a cigarette. I had two beers and no cravings. The chantix makes me sick to my stomach. I also have interrupted sleep and vivid dreams. But all worth it. I'm so happy to be smoke free.
  Cindy
0 Kudos
jordon

My name is Jordon, and I am brand new. I have tried to quit before, but now i am here. lol. im am going to look around the site and see what works.
0 Kudos
cindy16

Good luck Jordan. .Are you using patch, gum, lozenge, chantix or cold turkey? Did you set a quit date?
  Cindy
0 Kudos
sandy-martin

I am going to the doc tomorrow to get the chantix.Does anyone know where I should start?Should I start taking the med and cut back and change my habits or what.I just want to be done with this and want to know what is the best way to start.I also hope this med does not make me fell like crap.
0 Kudos
cindy16

I took med as directed. I changed habits before I quit. I also cut down but that was because of med. Cigarettes did not taste as good.Try not to miss a dose and take as directed. It really works. Makes me sick to my stomach. I have to eat when I take it. I also try not take pill too late. I have vivid dreams if I take too late. I take 1st pill in the morning, 2nd pill at dinner. Helps with the dreams. If I take after 7pm I get very intense dreams and interrupted sleep. But all worth it. Today is day 15 and I'm doing great. Cindy
0 Kudos
bri2

hi my name is bri and my quit date is in a week. im trying to not smoke as much, but its hard not. my son is 3 months old and i quit for my whole pregnancy but still got bad cravings. my boyfriend smokes and is a bad influence. and he tells he doen't think i can quit. i need some positive support so thats why i joined
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Bri, You can do this. Congrate on the birth of your son. Babies are wonderful. Post anytime. We are here for you.
  Cindy
0 Kudos