cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Drgnh3art

Losing weight

Trying to do keto and if and quit smoking. Help appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maki

I suggest talking with your dr about a keto diet and if it's right for you . I would encourage you if you can ( something I wish I would have done from day one ) is walk .. fit it in as much as you can . It is so unbelievable helpful for quitting and for weight management during the quitting process.  We are glad you are here . Congrats on making the decision to get fitter and healthier . 

One step at a time . Osaat . 

Barbscloud

@Drgnh3art Sorry to say I walked before I quit, after I quit and still do.  Didn't contribute to any weight loss for me.  I'm a firm believer in walking though when quitting smoking.   It helps to refocus your thinking when a crave hits and give you a boost of dopamine.  

Are you are the KETO diet now?  From what I'm reading lately the KETO diet is out.

The important thing is, have you quit smoking?  Welcome to the Ex and glad you found us.  There's lot of great advice and support here.  This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

We're here for you , so reach out if we can be of help.

Barb

Drgnh3art

Thank you. And yes I’m doing keto and intermittent fasting. I’m not as strict about keto. Author Stephanie Laska wrote a book called Dirty, Lazy Keto and several cookbooks I’m using as well as SlimFast keto diet. It’s working so far. I can’t wait to start walking again. Thank you again. I love it here. 

Drgnh3art

I have talked to doctor. It’s fine. I have about 60lbs to lose. Can’t wait to start walking again. Sprained ankle is healing nicely so it won’t be long. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos