cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

Kudos to a 10 Year Quittter - Sootie

I frankly can't remember the beginning of your quit, Sootie.   But I do know the support that you have offered over the years.  Unending and unbiased.  With an eye able to see both points of view and express yours in a beautifully open-minded way.  You are a levener here as far as I'm concerned.  A levener being defined as "a substance used to produce fermentation."   I think of that as fermentation of thought processes and growth.  For me you have always been one who has prompted me to think in a new, and challenging way at times.  Your open-minded approach has caused, or perhaps a better word -  "enabled" me to open my own mind in an attempted similar fashion.  You show me what the word "equanimity" truly means.  Thank you for that and thank you for you and for your beautiful 10 year quit with us. You had a very long quit before this one.  (Twenty years, wasn't it?  Or am I thinking of someone else?)  If that's true - say it again will you.  

Anyway - you've always been my levening agent here, the calm in the storm of my own thoughts.  And I'm grateful for all you've taught me.  Just sayin'!

17 Replies
beazel

Congratulations on your beautiful sticky quit!!

avian3

Congratulations on your 10 years smoke free, Sootie!!

Debi12

Congratulations Sootie!! 

Ten years is a fantastic anniversary to celebrate!  Wow, is it possible ten years have gone by?
I don't log in often, but noticed the date on my watch and it reminded me of my own ten year quit.  I hope you are doing well and will celebrate the great accomplishment that we and so many others have achieved by kicking the old cigarettes to the curb!!

November to remember....I will always remember!

Thank you, Sootie, for leading the way! Thanks for being the best of friends!

Cousin-Itt

10 years of smoke free living has to feel awesome.    Congratulation Sootie

Rick_M

Good going Sootie, what a great quit ride we have had. Sure glad I know ya....

indingrl

HI RICK SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU - IN HIS LOVE - I LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME

Rick_M

Hey hi, I miss and love you too...We did good and look at us now 

0 Kudos