Give and get support around quitting

barbara42

June Quitters

yea!!!!!!!!!!we got featured!!!!!!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
525 Replies
weideman30

Hello all,  This will be ny third time trying to quit this year.  My quit day is Wed. June 25.

After failing the first two times I feel I am ready to succeed.  It is very tough because I have many nay sayers and not one iota of support from anyone close to me.  I am hoping this website and this group will help me get through this.  I am looking forward to finally beating this habit and getting back to an active lifestyle.

Thanks for listening,  

Mark

0 Kudos
eshetz

Hi...this is about the 5th time I have tried to quit smoking in the past year. I am a teacher and have an hour ride to work (this is when I smoke) I figured since summer break started and I am with my kids all day...this would be a good time. I am hoping and praying that this quit sticks. I really want to be free from the slave!

0 Kudos
hortgal58

My quit date is the 26th.  Doing this one alone.  I've quit 4 times, so nobody believes me.  Keeping this quit date to myself.  Feeling pretty nervous and scared.  Pretty alone too.  Hoping this group can help with my struggle to quit once and for all!  🙂

0 Kudos
lyssa1209

Hello! My quit date was 6/23 and so far staying strong although today is kind of rocky, which luckily I stumbled upon this site today. The support here seems great from what I have seen, and like many of you I've tried quitting 1,235,567 times and most friends and family think I won't succeed. Good luck to everyone and stay strong 🙂 our lives depend on it!

0 Kudos
joannepeake

Hi, Jo from Australia here. Day 1 of quitting (have quit several times before but gone back to them in times of stress).

Going cold turkey, day hasn't been too bad. Kept very busy though. Had no severe cravings. 

0 Kudos
lisa297

Quit date June 29th so far I am still smoke free.  It is harder than I thought but still ok,  E'cigs are helping and I also bought a small vanilla cigar that i puff if things get really bad, so far I have only hit it once.   I tried chantix and the other drug but both made me crazy. ly hghoue

0 Kudos
lisa297

Quit date June 29th so far I am still smoke free.  It is harder than I thought but still ok,  E'cigs are helping and I also bought a small vanilla cigar that i puff if things get really bad, so far I have only hit it once.   I tried chantix and the other drug but both made me crazy. ly hghoue

0 Kudos
chefmdc1

June 4th was my quit date using chantix and halls cough drops doing good so far.....the cough deops will over power a ceaving lemon drops work also. good luck everybody!!

0 Kudos
cpacell

My quit Date was June 7.  I am now  in the last step of Nicorette patches (7mg) I did the first step (21mg) for about three weeks, then on to step 2 (14mg) for two weeks.  yesterday was the begining of step 3 (7mg)  For the first time in my life, after smoking a pack a day for 18 years, I really feel as if i can suceed.  The urges are getting much easier.  Its been a long time since I've be proud of myself.  

For those of you who are struggling, I feel your pain. Stay strong, its get easier and youi'll feel GREAT

0 Kudos
freesoul2

Just one friendly suggestion i have, do not use nicotine patches or gums or e cigs to replace cigarettes. It just prolongs the agony

Its like getting rid of evil to put another evil which is nicotine. Just quit cold turkey and stay free

0 Kudos