Give and get support around quitting

hollu

July Quitters

Decided not to wait on July...I quit!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
372 Replies
laura132

19 days smoke free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I pledge 19 days more... smoke free!

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Hello, I quit July 14th I believe I'm on day 42 I've had no slips, it's been somewhat rocky. There's been some rough days especially in the first couple of weeks, but finding out I have COPD the beginning of July, totally prepared me for a successful quit. I choose to live a life without cigarettes and possibly add a few years to my life a better quality of living in my end years. I'm 54 yrs old and if I'm fortunate enough, I have several years to go and with quitting smoking maybe a healthy lifestyle will give me many years to enjoy life. 

0 Kudos
ElTyGuy

I am new to this group and really enjoy reading everyone's stories. I quit in July and as of yesterday, I was on day 92. But yesterday I slipped and had 2 cigarettes. I was with a friend that is also trying to quit and after drinking a couple of beers, the urge got the best of me and I caved. I am trying not to beat myself up and I am calling today Day 92 and will just keep plugging along. Has this happened to anyone else? How did you get past the guilty feeling? Thanks.

0 Kudos