cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kimberly13

July 5th

I am 39yrs old-a smoking asthmatic since the age of 14-Every significant female in my life smoked and when it I revealed I smoked at age of 17-it was not discouraged-even though I had allergies, sinus, constant ear infections and asthma through most of my childhood. i was actually encouraged to smoke as a way to keep my weight down as I was a chunky child. I finally decided to stop smoking on July 5th-and wound up in hosital July 7th with an upper respiratory infection which attacked my lungs- I am fighting to stay an ex- broke down last night-after 2 weeks-had 7 total and I through the remains away- I feel nauseated and I can feel the chest pain. I hope with this site and beginning a new routine- I can stay an ex. I don't ever want to be on prednisone again or be hooked up to a drip and oxygen in the hospital- because my lungs are so compromised that every little infection makes me unable to breathe on my own.
I am going to begin to work thru the steps and triggers-so far I have been winging it-plus a lot of finger chewing- and I also look forward to hearing from anyone who can me-as I hope I can help any others out there.
Will sign on tomorrow-have a good night
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies